Claim & Land Owner Royalties

Off Grid

In North America or Aussie if you are nugget shooting with the claim or land owners agreement, subject to them getting a piece of the value of any finds, what would be typical percentages for their "take"? I assume it would be based on the spot price of gold and you'd have to assume 100% fineness?

On 2/18/2022 at 7:23 AM, Off Grid said:

In North America or Aussie if you are nugget shooting with the claim or land owners agreement, subject to them getting a piece of the value of any finds, what would be typical percentages for their "take"? I assume it would be based on the spot price of gold and you'd have to assume 100% fineness?

If you have to get that detailed

i wouldn’t want to do it

doing a % is way easier for me.

Plus…..The Taskmaster continually amazes me at the reasoning why the percentage goes up fo him periodically🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣and explains it in a way that makes me feel like I’m making more😝

It’s all good if you trust and don’t let greed get ya 

Therein lies a big problem for some folks…

Thank God the Taskmaster and I do not have that issue.

We enjoy ourselves…

I mean I enjoy myself…

I think he probably does too because I believe when he swears and yells it is cathartic for him. 😂

So I feel like I provide therapy by screwing up things and asking dumb questions he has answered a million times before.
Yeah can’t wait to get back.

Percentage is the go mate.

• Like 4

I would say if the REALLY own the claim , then starting at 50% - then either side make there case .

There just too many variables to put a hard figure on it without more info .

If they do not own the claim --- 1st you have to see who - if anybody does .

Then if they just own the surface rights , may start at 10% --- but again too many variables , again off hand I generally do not think that a 50% split is way to much for you investment & experience [ unknown - have to assume ] , sure he owns the property --- but not the mineral rights , in some cases you could claim the mineral rights and demand access - is possible .

But to avoid issues , maybe as high as 25% .

If he wants 50% - he has to do the digging 😉

I'm also interested in others ideas , I have lots of deals , partners ect. and it goes all over the place , I've only turned down a few . 

• Like 1

Thanks for this KDOCAC. Now I know that I've been in the right ball-park, maybe a tad generous (land owner not claim title), but it has made for a lasting, friendly relationship. I'll take that.......

I’ve always just split the gold with claim owner when metal detecting. Some say that’s too generous, but I’m always welcome back. I use the old “I’ll make two piles, you choose the pile you want” method.

In Alaska when working ground for a percentage in a more serious type operation, say running a big gold dredge, 15% - 25% to the claim owner is more common.

• Like 9