Deus 1 Vs Deus 2 6" Dime Video High Mineralization

Jeff McClendon

Another quirky but very informative video from Paystreak in Oregon.

Anyone who lives in the Western US/Canada should pay close attention

Paystreak praises Deus 2 and calls it amazing several times but just like Steve and Chase posted in the Advice and Comparison section the actual improvement over Deus 1 is less than 1", slightly better non-ferrous tone hits and more accurate target IDs. Forget about a massive depth gain just because its called Deus 2 and others are hitting 14" US coin targets.

• Like 9

Very interesting. This morning have been on mineralized soil and D2 has been nice, catching deep little targets. Used mainly prog.2 with some changes, but I like prog. 4 as well. I don’t think D1 would have hit them...but before certainty I have to compare D1 and D2 like Paystreak...like him but I’d like to test machines on smaller targets to exalt high frequencies..

• Like 3

I appreciated the inclusion of Audio Response and it seems to have enhanced performance over the regular Deus. A louder machine with perhaps a wider dB range for the Audio Response. If so that could be a useful upgrade for folks as Jeremy demonstrated, and under other scenarios.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaolin washer said:

that origon soils must be badd for detectors

Soil in some places near the Rocky Mountains and where they are eroding can be a real challenge for mineralization. EMI can be really bad in urban areas too. My dirt is very similar to Jeremy’s in Portland.

I know about a year ago you were wondering why I didn’t care for the ORX discrimination modes since they were working really well for you. Watching this video might give you some clues. Those modes on the ORX using just three tones didn’t give me any information on deeper targets or targets that were close together due to the high mineralization. The same is true of the Deus 1 on deeper targets….everything ended up being a high tone with high numbers or an iron response with no target ID after about 3”……crazy but true. The Gold modes worked great at least for overall depth

• Like 3