Couple New Legend Videos

MFF18B

Thanks for posting the videos.

• Like 1

I don't know what's wrong with me, I've lost my enthusiasm for new detectors, I used to get so excited about new models, now getting one seems more like a chore.   Perhaps I'm just happy with what I've currently got.

The ferro-check meter seems a bit pointless to me, it's a bit like the gold chance meter on the Gold Monster, you really can't rely on it much.

The Legend ID's seem decent which is a good sign for it.  I do hope Nel make coils for it though.  It'll be interesting how it performs on nuggets with it's smallest coil.

It's good to see new videos popping up from the testers again, I look forward to end user videos popping up in the next few months.

• Like 4

Thanks for the video links.

The Legend seems to register decently well on the coins in the test bed.  I feel as somebody already using a multi-frequency detector, this new N/M machine may not really offer a lot to me, but should be a solid machine for people wanting an upgrade over their more basic or single-frequency units.

After watching the guy in the video show the ferro check in use, it seems to be a feature that may have limited usefulness since it won't work at depth and also needs careful coil control to engage as well.  It seems a good idea, though it may only really be applicable in certain limited conditions.  Maybe over time, people will come up with some creative uses for it though, or it will possibly even get an update at some point.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Calmark said:

Thanks for the video links.

The Legend seems to register decently well on the coins in the test bed.  I feel as somebody already using a multi-frequency detector, this new N/M machine may not really offer a lot to me, but should be a solid machine for people wanting an upgrade over their more basic or single-frequency units.

After watching the guy in the video show the ferro check in use, it seems to be a feature that may have limited usefulness since it won't work at depth and also needs careful coil control to engage as well.  It seems a good idea, though it may only really be applicable in certain limited conditions.  Maybe over time, people will come up with some creative uses for it though, or it will possibly even get an update at some point.  

I’m relatively new to this hobby and looking for my first MF machine. Typically just coin hunt here in SE Ohio so I’m trying to determine whether to go with the Equinox, Legend or the D2.  Bought a Simplex right before the winter so I really haven’t even had a chance to even try it out. We’ll see, hoping to see more Legend videos to help me narrow the field down a little. 

• Like 2

I would not want to be the guy that sold their Nox recently. Not that there are many out there who took such a radical path, perhaps some did on the way to a D2.

Nox will hold its value, and apparently so will the Regular Deus and other machines in the nearby peer competency group, if this trend of sporadic underwhelm-meant  of new models continues. 

It looks like the Legend struggles to signal a coin in many instances when next to iron in the last video.  Even switching from Park M1 and M2 and playing with the recovery speed and the Legend has a hard time.  This is a production model, so I guess that's how it will be until if and when a software update is ever released.  

Maybe some of the other detection modes and/or another combination of settings interacting with each other would help and remain to be discovered.  To me so far, the Legend seems a bit weak in the area of seeing good targets through nearby iron.  :ohmy:

• Like 5

It kind of makes this testers nail board test video seem a bit odd.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1