XP Deus 2 Vs Minelab Equinox 800 High Mineralized Soil & Emi

EMI is the SMF worst enemy. I fought it all day today with my Nox 800. It was super frustrating when you know your not going to find anything very deep because of EMI. By very deep I mean anything other than clad 3"-4" tops, and all your silver is more 5" plus. I didn't have my smaller coils with me or they would have got the nod for sure. There was one spot I had to turn all the way down to a sensitivity of 10 just to get it quite, and you could still tell it was not liking it.

My buddy has a Deus II 9" on order, and I've told him already to be prepared for EMI issues. While your test is perfectly fair for an urban EMI positive setting I'd like to see the depth without EMI killing it.

• Like 2

Thank you for the effort you've made in testing the new Deus 2 and for filming your testing to share with us.  Personally, I'm glad to see both the good and bad about any new detector, especially the Deus 2, since I find it intriguing how it compares to the Equinox 800 I already know.  I got some good info out of your video. :biggrin:

You really have a lot of EMI at that location and the Dues 2 definitely picked it up and acted noisy the whole time.  Your soil mineralization is no joke either and makes hitting those targets in your test garden doubly difficult.  It was clear to me, the machine wasn't nearly as well behaved as it is for people, who in their videos, have lower mineralization and EMI to contend with in their area.  Yours is a good contrast with those videos to give a larger picture of Deus 2 performance in a wider set of conditions, and I'm glad you've posted it.

I observe similar high ID# spreads with my Equinox 800 here in the California Sierra Nevada with its volcanic soils and high mineralization.  Past 4-6 inches I lose ID# reliability and its more difficult to tell by audio if a target is good or not also.  Your video gives me a much better idea about how a Deus 2 would likely operate here in my tough ground, so thank you again for sharing your experiences.  

• Like 6

Thanks for keeping it real.  It's refreshing to see the warts and all in videos rather than just the roses.  I've given up watching a lot of the videos now.  It seems a good enough detector if it suits someones needs, I'm pretty sure it's not a good fit for what I use a detector for but I'll keep soaking up information just in case I change my mind.

I'm surprised a detector has divided people like it has, it's just a piece of electronic equipment that in a few months or years will be the one getting bashed with the next greatest detector in the world taking over and I honestly could not care less if someone else swings the same detectors I do, in fact I'd find it rather beneficial if they didn't if they were hunting the same ground 😛

• Like 9

I'm going to do another video with EMI under control on the Deus 2 and match the Equinox sensitivity to match the Deus 2 level. That way we can see how they compare with EMI under control on the Deus 2

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Abenson,

Thanks for sharing the video. Man you’ve got some pretty tough ground to hunt. I feel very fortunate with my soil here and I know watching depths that some guys get in their soil should be elated with their ground. 

I reckon there’s a whole lot more to do with the ground conditions where you hunt and how different machines operate in those conditions than people realize. Maybe some of these videos will open up some eyes that it’s really hard to proclaim one detector as the best for everyone machine.  I think videos like this one and others will help people to find out what machine would probably be the one to get for where they hunt.  Thanks again and HH! Tom

• Like 6

Thanks for posting...Theres no way I would hunt with the EMI like that on the Deus...I kinda skipped through the video and did not see where the sens was at with both machines my bad.. wondering what the results would have been if you quieted down the Deus to a more tolerable setting?  Maybe you can get a white board for your next video and sit in your office and write this stuff down for us...it would look more professional. 🤣

strick

Edit: just seen you were posting while I was typing thanks for the next vid in advance

• Like 3

• The title was changed to XP Deus 2 Vs Minelab Equinox 800 High Mineralized Soil & Emi