Gold At The Silver Mine

These are some other bits of gold jewellery found at my Silver Mine.. They were found a couple of months apart.. The island's first guest house stood at this spot over a hundred years ago, which makes me think the gold jewellery I'm finding here is quite old (for Australia).. I usually find many silver coins here dating back to the first settlement of the region from the early 1870s onward..  

PSX_20220221_133421.jpg

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

Here's some old footage of Magnetic Island in 1926.. I spend a lot of time researching the island's history and rely on old films like these to work out the best places to hunt.. 

https://d2bx93w6kas18u.cloudfront.net/titles/roundtow/roundtow2_pr.mp4 

• Like 3

Great finds once again and keep up the good work.

How is the Deus II working out for you now that you have had some time with it.

Just now, Valens Legacy said:

How is the Deus II working out for you now that you have had some time with it.

On the beach I'm sticking with the equinox for now, until XP bring out a larger coil.. but underwater the Deus II is working out just great..  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the location of the Silver Mine.. To be honest it's more of a Copper Mine if I include all the pennies, half-pennies and 1 and 2 cents in the total coin count.. It's only in this spot that I'm finding old silver coins and sometimes gold jewellery.. walk 20 metres left or right from this spot and there's no old coins to be found.. Where the Island's first guest once house stood is now a row of houses.. I've got all silver ware found here soaking in vinegar at the moment.. It's nothing like Phrunt's Cointopia but these coins give a great insight into the history of this place.. 

Silver Mine .jpg

• Like 3

This is Geoffrey Bay in 1926.. The line of trees along the beach are not there yet.. 

Screenshot 2022-02-22 2.31.18 PM.png

• Like 4