First Picker Of 2016 Found Using DIY Gold Hog Sluice

Here's a short video from my first gold prospecting trip of 2016. This trip was to Wanlockhead, Scotland close to Leadhills, we have visited this area a number of times and my friend wanted to revisit a boulder he had previously worked so we went with a 7 day plan to get to bedrock. In this video, I was testing my new sluice I have made specifically to use in narrow streams rather than this wide river, but as it was new I had to test it out and from my very first bucket of concentrate, using my DIY narrow stream sluice for the first time, the sluice managed to stop this lovely little picker right at the top of the vortex matting. I was really pleased with how this sluice operated and I have another video to come showing material going through it so you can see just how it runs, but I couldn't help filming not just the first visible gold of the trip, but also the first picker too. This trip was one of my most successful trips to date and I have more videos to come showing the area we worked and the gold I found, so if you haven't already, why not subscribe to my channel to keep up to date with my videos.

• Like 4