What's Up With The 9 " Coil ?

Skull diver

I have received some bad news in the last few hours and I don't know how many around Europe know the current availability of the D2 with 9 "coil.
There seems to be nothing in this second delivery batch either, except 11 "coils.

This could mean an additional one to two months of waiting for anyone who wants the smaller version.
Bad, really bad😣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

XP seems to be favoring 11" coil production over 9" by a super wide margin.  I thought it was because the 9" coil was less popular than the 11" in the UK with the relic field hunters.  Who knows the real reason why, but if you want both the D2 AND 9" coil, you may be waiting awhile...unfortunately.

• Like 2

I pre-ordered and fully paid for a Deus ll with 9" coil back in December. My dealer told me today it could be mid April. I cancelled my order and got a full refund. No big deal. I actually want just the Deus ll Lite with 9" coil. I can wait.

• Like 3

If anyone is really desperate you could buy it in NZ and get it shipped to you.   Cost you a bit more but at least you'd get it, it appears nobody here wants it, they were never even able to sell their first tiny batch of them.

https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/products/xp-deus-ii-detector-22-fmf-coil-9-rc-ws6-headphones

• Like 1

I don't want to speculate on something I don't know, but the situation seems to promote a double purchase and induce to opt for two coils. Now the only available and most expensive option is the full version and no trace of the RC.

Being a diver I don't need the Ws6 and the 11" coil for sure.

We'll see if I don't change my mind on the road.

A prepaid detector with small loan payment which tends to be late at work is a big No-No for me😑

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Cost you a bit more

Thanks Simon...

Well...A bit too much if Your consider shipping costs too😂😂😂...

Also, we can't forget the "big fish eats small fish" theory ...This caused me to not own an AQ Limited...

Exclusive dealers for a specific area, can only sell there and not abroad...

I'm onboard on the second chain's ring, being tester and friend of a sub-dealer.

It has always shocked me how little margin is left to those who sell instruments ... Ridiculous, I swear.

I contacted XP on the subject of 9” coils alone and am waiting for reply. I’m sure I’ll get on but may not like what I hear. It’s hard to understand any good reason for this problem to persist. Maybe they’ll decide to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I pre-ordered and fully paid for a Deus ll with 9" coil back in December. My dealer told me today it could be mid April. I cancelled my order and got a full refund. No big deal. I actually want just the Deus ll Lite with 9" coil. I can wait.

Like I said before when they become readily available then I may order one... in the mean time I’m enjoying the show and letting you guys figure out all the bugs. 

Strick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2