What's Up With The 9 " Coil ?

Skull diver

On 2/21/2022 at 5:06 PM, phrunt said:

If anyone is really desperate you could buy it in NZ and get it shipped to you.   Cost you a bit more but at least you'd get it, it appears nobody here wants it, they were never even able to sell their first tiny batch of them.

https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/products/xp-deus-ii-detector-22-fmf-coil-9-rc-ws6-headphones

I remember you posting this a short while ago. I went to the site and got most the way through checkout just to see if it was, in fact, available to purchase and ship. I didn’t purchase, just wanted to check it out. If I remember, the US dollar price was about 1900 and they would ship worldwide. Today, after reading this post,  I went back to the site and added one to my cart. Went most the way through checkout and apparently they are only offering local pickup or shipping only within NZ. 

Just now, GnshpCSO said:

I remember you posting this a short while ago. I went to the site and got most the way through checkout just to see if it was, in fact, available to purchase and ship. I didn’t purchase, just wanted to check it out. If I remember, the US dollar price was about 1900. Today, after reading this post,  I went back to the site and added one to my cart. Went most the way through checkout and apparently they are only offering local pickup or shipping only within NZ. 

Bugger, that must be a limitation XP has put on them or that dealer just doesn't want to ship internationally, the other dealer I buy off has sent product to the US for people when it wasn't available for them to buy within the US but he doesn't sell XP.  

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Bugger, that must be a limitation XP has put on them or that dealer just doesn't want to ship internationally, the other dealer I buy off has sent product to the US for people when it wasn't available for them to buy within the US but he doesn't sell XP.  

I thought it was a bit strange that they (the same dealer) changed from being willing to ship internationally to now only within NZ, especially if the detectors are just sitting on the shelf there. That is probably why they haven’t sold yet. I also wondered if the GST is applicable to sales/shipments outside of NZ and how customs would work, particularly if not shipped via air. 

No, the GST is only if sold locally, the other dealer didn't charge GST to the people that bought product from the US.   It's only applicable to products that aren't shipped overseas.

The only way they would ship is by air.  Maybe contact them and see what's going on.  The other dealer is my preferred dealer and a really nice guy but he doesn't sell XP.

• Like 1

I’m hoping for a 9” coil myself. I told my dealer my preference and he said he’d try, but his last batch was all 11”. Normally that would be fine with any other machine, but the demos seem to indicate that the 9” keeps right up with the 11” depthwise, plus has the advantage of a smaller footprint. I’ve encountered this before with the Fisher 1280x. The 8” coil was just as deep as the 10” coil version and was much easier to manage underwater and in tight spots. 

• Like 1

At the end of the story, I miserably falled in the trap.

I need a 9" coil as soon as I can, but I pushed on my friend and dealer to send me the first available 11" to not wait more.

Now, excluding my personal preference for a smaller coil and my impatient blood, this sounds like a real trap evidently put in place by Xp...

What's the point of seeing a few 9" available in NZ, UK, US and France but not in middle Europe?

I have been in the business long enough to understand certain maneuvers aimed at multiple purchasing and this is clearly an example.

I'm not a wetsand hunter and for the use I'm next to do of the Deus2, a big coil can only make things worst.

Summing up: WS6 not needed, 11"coil not needed, shaft not useful for my purpose and the 9" further purchase extimated around 440$ not mentioning bonephones too.

I bet that the optional 9"coils are already on the shelves of several dealers but until they will open the sale, a lot  of 11" will have already invaded the planet.

Pissed as usual SGD

• Like 1

I guess they had allocated lots for each country, the 9" coil version and the 11" are still sitting in stock in NZ, but that doesn't mean much, they probably only sent NZ one or two of them, and they just didn't sell.  I know how hard the NZ dealer tried to get me to pre-order one, as soon as I showed interest I was a target, I've still not seen one person in NZ buy a Deus 2, surely if someone has by now it'd be well known on the various NZ gathering spots for detector users, but it hasn't happened.  I was probably one of the more likely buyers and I skipped out due to the prospecting side of it not being what I wanted with prospecting my primary detecting interest.  

In reality a French detector is less likely to be a great prospecting detector with less people in that region being prospectors so the focus wasn't on prospecting.  The same reason it appears Nokta didn't even get one prospector to test the Legend.

I'm sure you'll get one soon, you've waited years for a waterproof detector suitable for your needs, hopefully this is it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've still not seen one person in NZ buy a Deus 2

As I supposed Simon, Your area is a P.I. kingdom, a lot less influenced by beach hunting niche.

Steep price can also add value to this theory...I mean, over 2000 AUD for a not well proved machine can be scary.  

32 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure you'll get one soon, you've waited years for a waterproof detector suitable for your needs, hopefully this is it.

Tuesday...Hopefully...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

At the end of the story, I miserably falled in the trap.

I need a 9" coil as soon as I can, but I pushed on my friend and dealer to send me the first available 11" to not wait more.

Now, excluding my personal preference for a smaller coil and my impatient blood, this sounds like a real trap evidently put in place by Xp...

What's the point of seeing a few 9" available in NZ, UK, US and France but not in middle Europe?

I have been in the business long enough to understand certain maneuvers aimed at multiple purchasing and this is clearly an example.

Yes it's frustrating I want my preferred 9" coil too.  But it's not an intentional manever and its not a strategy.  It's just a fact of life on ANY new release and the practical limitations of ramping up a new production line are not going to change that no matter how much we rail about it.   If you gotta have it now you're just going to have to wait and your choices will be limited. 

It's not some conspiracy theory hatched by the manufacturer to frustrate potential buyers.  You want frustrating?  How about waiting for nearly 6 months before OEM accessory coils besides the stock were even available for sale for the Nox. 

You want choices on demand, instant gratification, and options? Then wait for a few months after release and let supply catch up with demand, otherwise, you're just wasting energy railing about how XP is wronging us.  Not going to change a thing about the reality of the situation, but if it makes you feel better, well at least you have a platform here for getting your frustrations out.

BTW - waiting is also not a bad idea, if you can imagine the shortages on specific coil types for paying customers, you gotta be concerned about whether there is any stockpile of replacement components/parts in the event of DOA or defective components.  The good news is that I am not hearing many reports of DOA or defective D2 gear, which is a stark contrast to where ML was at this stage of launch with dead control pods and unacceptably wobbly shafts.  So there's that.

• Like 3