Important Update - Iron Bias Setting For Legend!

I'm really impressed with Nokta as a company, it's a feature they were resistant of adding but when they can clearly see a demand for it they act, and many people will benefit from being able to have an iron bias setting.   The difficult thing is only Nox users know much about how this setting changes things, so without using the setting it's difficult to understand why people desire the setting. 

I'm in a very low iron area so I run mine at F2-0 all the time, I don't need filters like that messing with my targets and as a person who mainly uses detectors for looking for smaller nuggets having any filter is bad so I'm pleased iron bias control is going to be added to the Legend.   Out of interest, were any of the Legend testers nugget hunters? I'm puzzled why a nugget hunter would say having a fixed iron bias is the right thing to do.

Dilek, thank you for once again proving Nokta listens to their customers and sorry that being the messenger often comes with being thrown into arguments or at the very minimum heated conversations, it comes with the territory though and a thick skin is required, you seem to handle it better than anyone I've seen, it's not an easy position to be in but know you're doing a good job of it.

At this point I've decided a Legend isn't suitable for me, only because I'm yet to see it being better than what I've already got, this isn't to say I don't like the Legend, I think it's fantastic from what I've seen so far and I'll keep following it as if I do see something it does that I want I'll be getting one straight away.  As I've pointed out I'm mostly interested in gold prospecting and the one thing that would sway me to get one almost straight away is Nel releasing their Snake coil for it, or Nokta making their own version of a epoxy filled Snake coil for it, along with a small epoxy filled Concentric coil similar to the Gold Bug 2's little Concentric coil.  Now that it will have iron bias the coils are now the thing that I'd need before I jump on one.

Thank you for coming to the forum and explaining everything and especially for announcing the Iron bias setting is coming as a future update.  A big thumbs up from me.

Nokta Makro should be proud, they're relative new comers and are taking on the top dogs head on, even in last years annual report Minelab didn't even consider them a threat, now look what's happening! 

I was given a hat by a dealer some time ago, it's a Nokta Makro hat and for some reason it's my lucky hat, if I wear it I find more gold than if I wear the hat that the other dealer gave me with my Nox, it's quite funny and has been a bit of a talking point as I don't even use a Nokta detector for my prospecting yet the hat became my lucky hat.  Maybe a sign I'll be using one in the future for my prospecting detector, perhaps the Nokta Pulse Induction!  

• Like 9

Thank you  Nokta detectors,.                    I'm curious how many people have message you regarding a frequency increase on the prospecting mode, I'd like to see 45 khz or 50khz on the legend,.   is that even possible to add in those frequencies, again thank you for caring about your customers.

question on the Iron Bias settings, how many detectors have been produced with an Iron bias setting in the past also how many detectorist have hunted using an iron bias setting

I am really on the fence about that one setting being added as to my knowledge I have never used a machine with an Iron bias setting on it, myself I would not know if i have missed something with out it or not because I have never used it, I do detect on fairly hot ground so will the Iron bias make any difference in my detecting,I have read so much crap on where people have talked about the Iron Bias till I have a head ache from reading and watching videos on it, Andy Sabisch has posted up a video on you tube that I have not watched yet explaining things about it so maybe he will shed some light for me but not sure 

My point is for those of us that have never used a detector with an Iron Bias setting is it going to cause us more headaches trying to learn a new machine or not

3 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I am really on the fence about that one setting being added....

The N/M Legend has a fixed Iron Bias value now, pre-upgrade.  You'll be able to set the detector to that value (and it likely will be a default value for some modes).  Someone who doesn't want to mess with it can have his cake and those who want to change it can have theirs.  It's a win-win (or maybe a tie-win 😁).

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

question on the Iron Bias settings, how many detectors have been produced with an Iron bias setting in the past also how many detectorist have hunted using an iron bias setting

I am really on the fence about that one setting being added as to my knowledge I have never used a machine with an Iron bias setting on it, myself I would not know if i have missed something with out it or not because I have never used it, I do detect on fairly hot ground so will the Iron bias make any difference in my detecting,I have read so much crap on where people have talked about the Iron Bias till I have a head ache from reading and watching videos on it, Andy Sabisch has posted up a video on you tube that I have not watched yet explaining things about it so maybe he will shed some light for me but not sure 

My point is for those of us that have never used a detector with an Iron Bias setting is it going to cause us more headaches trying to learn a new machine or not

When testing my Equinox 600 on Monte's Nail Board, I saw first hand what a dramatic effect iron bias can have when a high conducting coin (even one like a clad dime) is placed next to a steel nail. So yeah, iron bias can be a big deal in certain situations. The problem is knowing when that "certain situation" applies.

• Like 1

Why would an option cause you headaches and make a detector harder to learn? You only need to use it if you want to, otherwise ignore its there and use the default setting, you only adjust it if you need to or want to.   You may just find one day you appreciate they added the setting as you have more control.  If it is such an intimidating scary setting why is it there isn't a lot of complaints from Nox users about it messing up their detector, for this very reason there are default settings.

The biggest critics of iron bias seem to be those who've never used it or those that fall under Nokta's Umbrella of testers.  I can't for the life of me understand why testers would be resistant to having a feature that can be adjusted if they want to, they don't need to use it but it's sure as hell handy to have it there if they find a situation it benefits them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Why would an option cause you headaches and make a detector harder to learn? You only need to use it if you want to, otherwise ignore its there and use the default setting, you only adjust it if you need to or want to.

Because many people have a tendency to fiddle with adjustments when they shouldn't or when don't fully understand what's going on or how the adjustment works.

• Like 3