Testing The Quest Q30+

palzynski

For my kind of hunting , inland and mainly open fields I prefer the Quest to the Vanquish and Simplex+ , this despite the Raptor coil weight ..  The Vanquish and Simplex+ are good detectors , but I definitely prefer the Q30 audio ...

• Like 1

I think Quest could earn a bigger slice of the US market if they could establish a reputable service network. It does seem that the people who have tried the more recent Quest machines like them.

For me, that stock coil would have to go. I'd probably try the Q30 if it came with the smaller blade coil (instead of the stock coil).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, palzynski said:

good value for money ( price 450e)

Quite a bit cheaper ($369 with shipping included) here in USA through Serious_Detecting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Quite a bit cheaper ($369 with shipping included) here in USA through Serious_Detecting.

Yes it looks like a very good deal especially if you can order the 5X9 BladeX in the US ... 

• 2 weeks later...

George,

How does the Q30 handle mineral in your area? Does the Q30+ overload on cans like the Q60?

Thank you

I've noticed my dealer has started stocking the Quest brand, how's it go for depth by comparison to the Simplex and Vanquish? For me here in my soils the Vanquish is the clear winner by comparison to the Simplex especially with its ID capability, the Simplex starts to think deep coins are iron when the Vanquish is still giving a correct ID on them, so it'd be interesting to hear how the Q30 compares depth wise of coin size targets.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've noticed my dealer has started stocking the Quest brand, how's it go for depth by comparison to the Simplex and Vanquish? For me here in my soils the Vanquish is the clear winner by comparison to the Simplex especially with its ID capability, the Simplex starts to think deep coins are iron when the Vanquish is still giving a correct ID on them, so it'd be interesting to hear how the Q30 compares depth wise of coin size targets.

The Q30 is much better than the Vanquish in the irons  ( where I detect the more often ) . However the Vanquish goes a little deeper deeper in clean soil with better id at depth to my opinion ..

btw I am not surprised that your dealer now sells Quest because they are great detectors  ..