My New Custom Made Gold Monster Rod

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

something I would love to see on the 6000

Will Steve be making 6000 rods?

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

He said he can make  a lower shaft. The upper shaft where the control box sits might be more difficult. But I let him answer.

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Yes, as Gold Catcher said, I'm making GPX 6000 lower rods now.  To build a complete shaft, though, I'd obviously need to be able to design an upper shaft, and the difficulty there is figuring out just how the control box/handle assembly, and the arm cuff, attach to the shaft.  It's tough to figure those details out, without having a machine "in hand," and that's the dilemma.  If I HAD a machine to look at/measure, I would know pretty quickly if I could produce an upper shaft without too much difficulty.  

If anyone can "break down" the machine, and take some pictures of how the components attach to the shaft tube, AND could provide an accurate measurement of upper shaft outer diameter, I may be able to figure it out from just pictures.  But otherwise, having the machine "in hand" would certainly allow me to evaluate the possibilities.

Thanks!

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I like it! It would be nice to have a better quality shaft for the 6000.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to My New Custom Made Gold Monster Rod
22 hours ago, steveg said:

Yes, as Gold Catcher said, I'm making GPX 6000 lower rods now.  To build a complete shaft, though, I'd obviously need to be able to design an upper shaft, and the difficulty there is figuring out just how the control box/handle assembly, and the arm cuff, attach to the shaft.  It's tough to figure those details out, without having a machine "in hand," and that's the dilemma.  If I HAD a machine to look at/measure, I would know pretty quickly if I could produce an upper shaft without too much difficulty.  

If anyone can "break down" the machine, and take some pictures of how the components attach to the shaft tube, AND could provide an accurate measurement of upper shaft outer diameter, I may be able to figure it out from just pictures.  But otherwise, having the machine "in hand" would certainly allow me to evaluate the possibilities.

Thanks!

Steve 

It’s not just a rod, but an integrated rod and rail mount system for the arm cuff, plus mount for control box. We talked about this once but I did not follow up, as I think it’s not something you are going to be able to realistically duplicate. I’ll post a photo soonish.

• Like 1

Steve,

Yep, we did chat about it, and you took a picture showing two screws, and a cable that would have to be disconnected...

Sounds like it's not going to be a real easy one to do...

Steve