Fisher F44 New Version Or Mistake

The LCD has a Boost mode icon but that feature never made it into the design. If you manage to turn on all the LCD icons it shows up but in official literature (inc the manual) it was removed to prevent threads like this. Either someone figured out how to turn on all the icons or an undoctored photo got out of FTP.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Geotech said:

The LCD has a Boost mode icon but that feature never made it into the design. If you manage to turn on all the LCD icons it shows up but in official literature (inc the manual) it was removed to prevent threads like this. Either someone figured out how to turn on all the icons or an undoctored photo got out of FTP.

The photo is from the official Fisher Labs page on Amazon. So somebody in marketing is responsible for this thread. :smile: More to the point, they might be buying back some detectors due to false advertising, unless they get it corrected.

i did call fishers and talked to Felix about the fisher f44 with boost mode he said it doesn't have it  and i tried to tell him there was  pictures online showing the fisher f44 with boost mode on it  and he wanted me to show him were so i told him to look on eBay and of coarse he couldn't find any pictures showing the fisher f44 with boost mode on it  , i  had forgot to tell him to look on amazon at the pictures , i also called serious detecting in Michigan and talked to the manager there and asked them if the fisher f44 came with boost mode they said  no to and i told them about the picture on there site showing boost mode on the fisher f44 and they agreed with me it shows boost mode on it  so they checked the fisher f44 boxes they had in stock  to confirm  it  and they said it didn't show any boost mode on them either  , its not a big deal but makes you wonder were a lot of these stores and metal detector dealers got the  picture from in the first place , ok thanks