My First Ever Meteorite Find

20220503_092504.jpg.0e419f0f6b4dc32e14d53e61d5d06bbf.jpgScreenshot_20220503-092612_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77f4991d5948eb108e88e8f153fe9cdc.jpg

On 4/7/2022 at 6:57 AM, mn90403 said:

Use this to search your meteorite to see if it has a name.

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/ 

After checking the website which you have recommended and some Google search,finally I think I might have found the official name of my meteorite. A sample of 1.3 kg of main mass of the meteorite has been collected 20km away from the place I live in same district. 

The kaprada village where the first main mass was found is 20km away from the place I live l, however several people from our district reported a minor meteor shower before the hitting of meteorite. Is there possibility that a piece of kaprada meteorite fragment fell in my backyard?

19 hours ago, Fireball said:

After checking the website which you have recommended and some Google search,finally I think I might have found the official name of my meteorite. A sample of 1.3 kg of main mass of the meteorite has been collected 20km away from the place I live in same district. 

You likely have found a previously unnamed meteorite if the nearest meteorite is over 20km away.  It would have needed to be an exceptionally large mass (like in Gold Basin) for it to have shed fragments over such a large strewn field.  Some say that Gold Basin is made of several different meteorites/events and they are not all of one kind.

If you look at your meteorite and get it classified and it is the same classification as the named meteorite then you may have a piece of it. 

13 hours ago, mn90403 said:

You likely have found a previously unnamed meteorite if the nearest meteorite is over 20km away.  It would have needed to be an exceptionally large mass (like in Gold Basin) for it to have shed fragments over such a large strewn field.  Some say that Gold Basin is made of several different meteorites/events and they are not all of one kind.

If you look at your meteorite and get it classified and it is the same classification as the named meteorite then you may have a piece of it. 

If the meteorite I have found is unnamed,so is this a good news or bad news for me?

Probably good news but you still have a bit of 'research' to do.  You need to find someone that will classify your meteorite and then give it a name and submit it to Met Bul to be included in the database.

The best way to find someone to help you is look at that listing for the nearby meteorite and contact someone on there and they will help you.  They have been there and done that as they say.

30 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Probably good news but you still have a bit of 'research' to do.  You need to find someone that will classify your meteorite and then give it a name and submit it to Met Bul to be included in the database.

The best way to find someone to help you is look at that listing for the nearby meteorite and contact someone on there and they will help you.  They have been there and done that as they 

Can you explain why that's a good news,iam eager to know.

How many 'known' meteorites are in your area?  If you add one more then it would be good to know and it could also be of some significant value if it is of an unusual type.