Fisher Multi Frequency Release In 2022

Interesting, but I’m too jaded on First Texas to believe it anymore. Even if it arrives, it will likely forgo many of the peripherals we now consider essential, like online updates, built in rechargeable battery, wireless headphones etc. First Texas can in some ways be just as tone deaf and stubborn as Whites was. 

• Like 3

Here is a better image of it from this site.

It does say they've got a Multi Freaker coming in 2022, I don't know why they'd use that event to be the major announcement of their new detector.   I wonder if it is a mistake. 🙂

47E1A8B3-8FEA-4F65-8DE0-63986570B355.jpeg.jpg.cf4aa39bd1acbee0c994adc2b0a67311.jpg

From the website phrunt linked -- date and location:

1748364303_Screenshotat2022-02-24213142.png.4f9b57e1a285923ecd97a74ed728f719.png

I have checked Red Dirt Treasure's current Facebook page very carefully which includes a hunt schedule that is laid out differently. No mention of an FTP multi frequency detector that I can see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So was this a hoax or just a desperate attempt to keep their name relevant?

At this stage it's pretty easy to say they're no longer in the game and haven't been for years, even the new coil they were coming out with seems to be non-existent.  They can't even release a new coil, the Impulse AQ was a big fail and is dead in the water.

I had high hopes....... I had high hopes for the Impulse Gold....  I had high hopes for the Gold Bug 3 and then it was a Gold Bug 2.1 which was worse than the Gold Bug 2 and they only did that as they were forced to due to components no longer existing to make an antique detector.

It's sad to see another metal detector manufacturer dead but I'm willing to call it now, First Texas is the next Whites when it comes to metal detectors.  They may kick on in their current form selling their antiques but to me that may as well be dead.

The counterfeiters are making more money off their detectors than they are now, a lot more.

😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fisher has been working on a new multifrequency for about a decade. I think it's safe to say with First Texas now that speculating on when new models, or even accessories, will be available, is a complete waste of time. Believe it when dealers have it in stock for sale, and not before. The deal with the new coil in particular simply defies any sense of reality with what is going on there. Hopefully something develops with them this year, but the year is going fast, and the company dead silent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

At least they got a good pin pointer to market before the heartbeat stopped.  I'm quite happy with my F-pulse for a beach environment.

• Like 3

Please don't tell anyone (we're trying to keep it under wraps) but that spiffy new coil is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-inch-Coil-Triangulated-Bi-Axial/dp/B09SNVRXHC

Apparently only at Amazon, as far as I can tell. Limit 2 per person.

If anyone can purchase, on the open market, the new Fisher MF detector in 2022 I will send them one of my paychecks. Offer good for the first person who can show proof-of-purchase. I'm not sure why we keep aiming for the foot and pulling the trigger but it sure makes for sore feet and a red face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 2