Fisher Multi Frequency Release In 2022

The 15" x 12" Butterfly was awesome on my T2 when I had it.

I was going to dust off my T2 when this coil came out for it, I have a real soft spot for my T2 as it was my first high end detector at the time, although by today's standards its fairly lacking it's still quite fun to use and a joy to swing.  Party why I was hoping a Multi Freaker would come out from Fisher as I was hoping they'd put it into the same body as the existing T2/F75 and they'd not chip the coils to prevent the aftermarket going nuts making a big range of coils for them like Minelab and Nokta have done with theirs.  

• Like 2

If the T2 coils aren't chipped then make one for it 🙂

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, Geotech said:

Please don't tell anyone (we're trying to keep it under wraps) but that spiffy new coil is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-inch-Coil-Triangulated-Bi-Axial/dp/B09SNVRXHC

Apparently only at Amazon, as far as I can tell. Limit 2 per person.

If anyone can purchase, on the open market, the new Fisher MF detector in 2022 I will send them one of my paychecks. Offer good for the first person who can show proof-of-purchase. I'm not sure why we keep aiming for the foot and pulling the trigger but it sure makes for sore feet and a red face.

well then what the heck is going on carl? can you enlighten us in any way with what fisher is up to?..seems there is no publicity coming from fisher these days! why is that? just curious! inquiring minds would like to know! ..thanks!

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• 1 month later...

When I heard 1st Texas was working on a new multi-frequency detector, several years ago I waited, waited and waited.  Then 5 years ago I bought the Equinox 800.   Being a dedicated Fisher fan for some 10 years I had to move on.  Now I will state, if they come up with a multi-frequency unit, I'm in.  I still have the F75 LTD and use quite often.  All is not lost.

• Like 2

I thought @Geotech said they're not working on anything that he knows of...  ?

It doesn't help they struggled to get the Impulse out the door, and if they can get the Impulse Gold to market that would be a good start though, I have high hopes for that reaching the market and if it comes in at a good price it has potential.

A multi frequency T2/F75 type detector would be pretty good though, and others have been able to do it when it was once thought Minelab had it all patented up.  It's one detector other than making it carbon fiber and putting a more modern interface and screen on it I wouldn't overly want them to change the design of the shaft, arm cuff and handle.  It'd be a good idea to move the power/volume knob though 🙂

• Like 2

The T2 is my all time favourite detector and have had it many many years,its a shame that they have not brought out a MF machine....i would have thought that if they had something special in the pipe line to go head to head with say the Nox or Deus or any other of the MF manufactures they would have done so before know.

This is just my personal opinion and pure gut feeling but i dont the Fisher/First Texas garden is rosy at the moment and unless they bring out something that will blow the opposition out of the water they could well struggle to stay afloat....of course this is just my opinion but my gut tells me i am right.