CTX For Gold Rings

phrunt

I'm after some advice on the Target ID numbers for gold rings with the CTX, I've made my super awesome silver finder profile for my CTX for the NZ silver coins and it's absolutely working a treat, I can do lazy mans detecting and just walk along plucking silvers but my profile is missing gold rings obviously, it's just aimed at our NZ silvers, I was going to use it's second slot for discrimination pattern 2 to add the common range for gold rings in just in case I'm feeling adventurous and want to dig something other than silver coins. 

With the silver coins it was relatively easy to put their ranges in, but I really have no idea what numbers to look for with gold rings.  I haven't really bothered to get used to the target ID's for the CTX at all as it's ID system has been so accurate I've just fine tuned it to pluck out silvers. 

If anyone has a basic idea of what number ranges I'd be needing to incorporate to add gold rings into it that'd be very handy.  Even silver rings would be a nice addition although they might be picked up in my silver coins profile I would hope.

Go easy on me, I'm rather new to the CTX, I do like my silver coins cherry picking settings that I've got going though, only because they've been working so well.  It really helps with my mild relatively junk free soils so the CTX becomes the ultimate cherry picking detector.

I'd say if you want gold nuggets with a CTX then look for Gold Hound threads.  He did pretty good with it when no one else was using it in the bush.

Now a man made object ... a gold ring is a really full sound with the CTX.  I'll have to give some thought to your question as I've found many golds with it.  I still have them on my GPS so when I take the 17" for a walk now and then I'll have to remember the numbers.  I'll tell you I mostly look at the graph and even if I have it in all metal I know the rings are in the center left.  That visual gets me excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mitchel, I'm not interested in gold nuggets with it, just gold rings. 

This is finding me all of NZ's coins with the right part of the screen being the sweet spot for the good silvers and the top right being the big British silver coins.  I think this will be cutting out the gold rings though, I might be wrong.  This is my opened up discrimination to get every NZ coin.  White being good targets obviously.

nz coins.jpg

Here is our coin numbers, some conductivity differences due to different date ranges where the coins ID changes slightly.

CTX 3030 NZ Coin Target ID Numbers      

$1 - 11 /  37 38

$2 – 11 / 37 38

Silver Threepence - 12 / 18 to 22

UK Silver Threepence – 12 / 23 to 25

Old UK Silver Threepence – 12 / 39 40

Australian Threepence - 12 /  40 41

Silver Sixpence - 12 / 30 to 32

UK Sixpence 11 or 12 / 43 to 45

Silver Shilling - 11 / 38 to 40

Silver Florin – 11 / 43

Silver NZ Half Crown - 11 / 44

Silver UK Half Crown - 7 / 45 46

Older UK Half Crown – 3 / 45 46

10c – 12 / 12 13

20c – 12 / 22 23

2c – 11 / 40

Cupro Florin - 12 / 22

Cupro Half Crown – 12 / 23 to 26

Cupro Shilling 12 / 12 13

NZ Half Penny – 11 / 38 or 12 / 44

OZ Penny - 12 / 43 or 11 / 38 to 44

Cupro Sixpence – 12 / 06

50 cent – 12  / 23 to 25

5 cent – 12 / 06

UK Half Penny 11 / 38 or 12 / 31 to 33

Cupro Threepence 12 / 02 to 04

Australian 5 cent – 12 / 07

Australian 1 cent – 11 / 41

NZ 1 cent – 12 / 37

• Like 2

Simon,

You do need to open up more on the left.  Don't go all the way to the bottom.  Raid your wife's jewelry and use your wedding band.  Borrow some rings from friends.

I concur that you have the silver nailed with those settings.  As you go father left you start to get into our penny range.  I've had silver rings 'top out' in the top right so you may want to include that row.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll give this a try for coins and rings, I'll gather up as many gold rings as I can find to test its not going to block any out.

1316452656_coinsandrings.jpg.bfb1781142dec18546d73e45c159cd83.jpg

• Like 1

You are too narrow to the left.  I don't think you opening up a complete bracket at the top will add much to your silver.

I would go down to at least the F and 3-4 rows below.  I've had some good 'round' tones over as far as the first major bracket line.  The in between silver and gold is really not much good.

• Thanks 1

He is about and used it for treasure in Europe for many years.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I'm in research mode at the moment to make life as easy as possible with it, I really love the CTX, you slap that puppy into Low Trash, Deep with the 17x13" coil and crank the sensitivity up and it'll find silver coins at depth like no other detector.  It's a true silver slayer.  You pass over one and you really know it.  It seems to me it identifies silvers on edge far better than my Nox too and I think a good number of silvers I'm finding with it that I missed with the Nox are for this very reason, I was probably being a little too confident in my Nox's Target ID capability for coins on edge and missing them due to that, I cleaned up a lot of the flat ones with it.

Open that pattern Simon...

If You really want to hit some shines, use target trace and dedicated tones to hear the good even without the screen help.

At least keep open the FE lines from 10 to 15 and CO flat open just cause You search for silver too.

I'm in Relic mode without any filter...

12 is usually the magic first number, followed by a CO of 01 to 30.

• Thanks 1

Is this any better

image.png.cd8eccc4e19c0006aa8fa9e153a2048f.png

It feels like I'm having some fun drawing pictures 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1