Deus II Headphones?

Soky72

Don't know if they've improved since I purchased mine many years back, but I found the GG XP compatible phones audio pretty muffled compared to the backphones and the Quest phones.  There are plenty of other third party full size phones that can accommodate the Deus/Deus II puck if you do a search.

Here's an example:

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p43/Over_the_ear_Treasure_Phones.html

Also,  you can purchase the audio clip jack adapter plate accessory below, attach it to the puck and then use a short wired cord to plug into your favorite set of detecting phones, and remain untethered to the detector.

519027365_SmartSelect_20220130-142149_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.3b423e7da382ab8f4140881ddcf5e165.jpg

I have some spares of the Quests and of the Doodads phones (linked above) lying around that I need to put on the classifieds as I now use the clip adapter plugged into my favorite set of bluetooth phones so I can alternate between the Deus and Equinox using a single set of phones.

• Like 1

At least for my ears, the Gray Ghost's were muffled, not particularly comfortable and very overpriced.

I have the Quest headphones and they are outstanding. I have not tried the Detector DooDads version, but that company has a good reputation.

If Quest is able to continue making their excellent Deus/ORX/Deus 2 over the ear headphones, they will sell well.

I really enjoy using the Clip Jack Adaptor which works with any 1/8" headphone jack or adpator plug. Remaining untethered to the Deus is fantastic. So is being able to use a wide variety of wired headphones/earbuds.

I can stand the supplied back phones for about and hour when wearing sunglasses or glasses. I have used those things for 5 years, sanded down the rough edges over the ears, put soft foam tape on them, bent them to fit my pumpkin head, you name it.......nothing helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried several converted ear defenders and do not think they compliment the Deus audio very well.

But I guess it's all down to personal preference 

At least with the Deus II the tones can be manipulated using the graphic equaliser feature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mick93 said:

Quest headphones back in stock at Treasure Hunting Outfitters . Got two pair Sunday at a hunt and she said she had a large box of them back home.

I personally am going to get a jumper made up to run my Black Widow headphones. 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, Soky72 said:

Really wishing I had another set of the Quest headphones but since they're sold out what's the word on the Gray Ghost version for the Deus II? 

I just saw the Quest headphones in-stock. The price has gone up $30 from the dealer where I bought mine. The WSAII-XL headphones are $200 and they are waterproof to 3 feet I believe. 

1 hour ago, Jayhop said:

I just saw the Quest headphones in-stock. The price has gone up $30 from the dealer where I bought mine. The WSAII-XL headphones are $200 and they are waterproof to 3 feet I believe. 

Kind of a steep price for those “dumb” audio only (i.e., no detector controls) WSAII’s (I saw 179 euros, so the pricing seems consistent).  They are not yet available afaict and while I don’t doubt they have some water resistance to enable them to withstand wet weather and perhaps even an accidental dunking, 3 feet submergence waterproof seems unnecessary for a wireless headset where the radio signals cannot penetrate more than a few inches (i.e., the wireless tech doesn’t work when submerged).  So I hope users aren’t paying for unnecessary overkill in the design specs.

• Like 1

These quest headphones come with a jumper so can use as wired with any detector. I never will, got other phones for that but FYI.  I believe price was 129 shipped , we paid 110 picking them up at hunt.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mick93 said:

These quest headphones come with a jumper so can use as wired with any detector. I never will, got other phones for that but FYI.  I believe price was 129 shipped , we paid 110 picking them up at hunt.

They are weather resistant as well.