AQ Pulse Width Question?

Does anyone know what the TX pulse width is on the AQ ?

I know from previous experience and from some PI machines that I have used (and currently use) that longer TX pulse widths are important to energise the bigger gold rings (which can also be the higher karat ones as well).

Typically, greater then 300 uS is needed in order to “light these targets up”. Furthermore, quicker pulse delays are not essential in seeing these bigger targets as the decay drop-off isn’t so pronounced when compared to the smaller profile rings.

Tony.

I'm sure Geotech can answer your question.

All I know, it can bang out some deep gold, any size. It does seem to be stronger on the smaller gold (Not Micro) 1 gram up to 7 grams..... And Rarely do I run my delay lower then 10, ATS 6...All Metal ..Sensitivity 8... Audio 9 ..threshold just audible, but is constantly in need of adjusting down until the machine warmed up. 

I know it's hard to give a accurate depth when hunting in the water but I'm remember digging a couple of hunkers in the 18 plus inch range. One way signal on this one, (pumping the coil makes it seem like I'm hitting it swinging).  As I dig and get closer to the target you can tell the signal strength...... After digging the ring someone asked why the "AQ" did not sound off when I pulled it out of the water and showed it next to the scoop.. I have a toggle (on the handle)  I can turn the audio off to the head phones to save my hearing.

And here is a video of a smaller 1.7 gram gold ring just shy of 15 inches. Middle ring in the picture below.

• Like 6

Thanks Joe……I suspect the pulse width may be quite low, maybe in order to run those crazy low pulse delays?

HH

Tony