Nokta Makro Legend Production Unit Iffy Signals Retest

As long as iron bias mitigates the scenarios presented in this video, this will be a great machine:

Next up will be a day at the beach.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

At about 7 minutes 30 seconds you show the Target ID on the silver, it's not even remotely what I'd call stable for the ID of a coin that's only a couple of inches away from the coil at the most in what's essentially an air test, is this normal or was that related to the iron nearby or the stability with the crazy EMI, it sure is unstable and chatty with that EMI.  I don't have the patience to run a detector that unstable.  I'm not used to EMI like that though, judging by the recent videos with the other new kid on the block the US seems to have rotten EMI problems.

It looks like it was absolutely vital Nokta incorporated an iron bias adjustment with that detector and I really hope the EMI is better away from whatever is causing that crazy EMI.  I couldn't even use a detector that unstable, I'd really not enjoy it.

Thanks for the video.

Adjustable iron bias will help the Legend when that update is completed. Put the Equinox on F2=6 and it will also really struggle with that test. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Next up will be a day at the beach.

Thank you for these tests Cal_Cobra..

I'll be keen too see the salt sensitivity settings in action.. just as a quick guide to how they compare to those on the Deus II.. Compared to the Equinox as a scuba-detector I've found the addition of salt settings mighty useful in stabilising the detector underwater..  

11 hours ago, Calarms said:

Wow , I I was hoping the legend would perform better with the iron bias test, I like to see that  same test done with the equinox 800 and even deus1  , I believe the Deus 2 would be better at that test

There's no iron bias test here.  When they release the firmware upgrade with the IB setting, I'll retest it.  I was simply confirming what iffy signals brought up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

At about 7 minutes 30 seconds you show the Target ID on the silver, it's not even remotely what I'd call stable for the ID of a coin that's only a couple of inches away from the coil at the most in what's essentially an air test, is this normal or was that related to the iron nearby or the stability with the crazy EMI, it sure is unstable and chatty with that EMI.  I don't have the patience to run a detector that unstable.  I'm not used to EMI like that though, judging by the recent videos with the other new kid on the block the US seems to have rotten EMI problems.

It looks like it was absolutely vital Nokta incorporated an iron bias adjustment with that detector and I really hope the EMI is better away from whatever is causing that crazy EMI.  I couldn't even use a detector that unstable, I'd really not enjoy it.

Thanks for the video.

I'll do a follow-up test and drop the sensitivity.  I had it set to 30, so it was on sizzle mode.  I'm used to working in the noise (ten years on the F75) but most of the chatter in the video is when it's sitting still, once you start swinging the coil over dirt it quiets down.

The U.S. does have terrible EMI issues.  One time we were detecting a park scrape at an old park (for here) a cob was found, two large cents, several seateds, Gold Rush era belt buckles, etc.  One trip to the scrape with my EQ800 I couldn't hunt at all with the 11" coil, the EMI just blew it out unless I reduced the sensitivity to like 12, and I knew if I did that the EQX would be severely handicapped.  I switched over to the 6" coil and it ran fine, I was able to run the sensitivity up to 23 and had a banging hunt (believe I had a 10 silver hunt).  I've been blow out by EMI with many other detectors, it sucks out here. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Adjustable iron bias will help the Legend when that update is completed. Put the Equinox on F2=6 and it will also really struggle with that test. 

I agree Jeff, and definitely the EQX struggles with that setting.  As I said in the video, if it wasn't for the upcoming IB update, I'd have some real challenges at relic sites as there are tons of nails as shown in the video.  I'm glad that they're adding it in, and once the firmware release is out, I'll retest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Thank you for these tests Cal_Cobra..

I'll be keen too see the salt sensitivity settings in action.. just as a quick guide to how they compare to those on the Deus II.. Compared to the Equinox as a scuba-detector I've found the addition of salt settings mighty useful in stabilising the detector underwater..  

Hi Erik,

I've never used the Deus line, but I'll definitely check it out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The U.S. does have terrible EMI issues.  One time we were detecting a park scrape at an old park (for here) a cob was found, two large cents, several seateds, Gold Rush era belt buckles, etc.  One trip to the scrape with my EQ800 I couldn't hunt at all with the 11" coil, the EMI just blew it out unless I reduced the sensitivity to like 12, and I knew if I did that the EQX would be severely handicapped. 

I know what ya mean here, seems like it would be more effective to just use single freq in this situation. Also seems dumb to have a SMF machine and only be limited to single freq. But always good to have options right. Speaking of single freq, how does the legend do on the test say in like 20 kHz single freq or which ever one it has close to 20? Maybe the iron bias only works in Multi?? Be interested to see if makes a difference.