Testing The XP Deus2 11" - Inland Hunting : Field Tests , Depth Tests Etc

palzynski

Thanks for reporting your experiences with D2 Alain!

• Thanks 1

Thoroughly enjoyed your descriptive testing outings with the D2-11”. I would have preferred my first uses with the 9” coil, but I’m grateful to have m D2-11” now that the milder weather is breaking through ( I’m hearing the pleasant cacophony of peepers now). Hoping todays snowstorm is on the low side of forecast and melts quickly. I’ve been out with my D2 only 4 brief sessions and there’s so many programs I’ve yet to try- so far my favorite is P2 sensitive but I have many to try out yet. Your reports have been very helpful to me. I hope it’s not long before you get your own Deus 2. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Thoroughly enjoyed your descriptive testing outings with the D2-11”. I would have preferred my first uses with the 9” coil, but I’m grateful to have m D2-11” now that the milder weather is breaking through ( I’m hearing the pleasant cacophony of peepers now). Hoping todays snowstorm is on the low side of forecast and melts quickly. I’ve been out with my D2 only 4 brief sessions and there’s so many programs I’ve yet to try- so far my favorite is P2 sensitive but I have many to try out yet. Your reports have been very helpful to me. I hope it’s not long before you get your own Deus 2. 

The D2 is so versatile with all the programs and adjustments you can make to them.  It’ll keep me busy on my limited number of sites that I have trying them all.  

• Like 1

XP DEUS2 11" ASSESSMENT ( after 10 hours field testing  /inland hunting ) : 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Updated on March 16th 2022 )

The Deus2 offers me exactly what I was expecting , the historical Deus1 speed-reactivity in the iron trash and its lightness , plus the Equinox depth and softer audio.  What else ? 🙂

MY GRADING :  4,7 of 5  ( 19/20 )

THE PLUS :

- very good in the irons despite the large coil size
- excellent detection depth

- very polyvalent / all terrain thx to the FMF multifrequency
- very light machine ( from 880g )
- new performing and nice SQUARE audio 
- many modes and expert settings available
- excellent RC and WS6 ergonomy
- easy to use
- RC IP68 protected to 20m
- very convenient telescopic shaft
- many accessories available : 9" coil , WSA2 - WSA2 XL -  BH01 headphones , MI6  , etc 
- frequent software updates available at xpmetaldetectors.com
- etc

THE CONS :

- detector slightly front heavy with the 11" coil
- expensive ( 1600e / $ )

SUMMARY OF MY DEUS2  SETTINGS :
---------------------------------------

-   General detection moderately to medium iron trash - beginners :
        P1 GENERAL or P5 PARK 

-   Iron trashed areas :       
       P2  SENSITIVE ;  SQUARE  , 5 tones

-   Hunting deep coins in clean soil :
       P6   DEEP HC ;     SQUARE  , 5 tones

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Testing The XP Deus2 11" - Inland Hunting : Field Tests , Depth Tests Etc

Excellent summary, Alain

im stuck with the 11” coil until I can get my 9” which is on preorder. It’s funny, though. I’m really getting used to the 11” coil having no trouble centering on targets or in trashy areas. Instead of worrying about when I’ll get the 9”coil, I’m just looking forward to it while enjoying the 11”. There are still programs I haven’t tried yet, but weather here is allowing me to get out more often now so I can get up to speed. 
when do you expect to have your own Deus II ?

I enjoy your comments and observations. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Excellent summary, Alain

im stuck with the 11” coil until I can get my 9” which is on preorder. It’s funny, though. I’m really getting used to the 11” coil having no trouble centering on targets or in trashy areas. Instead of worrying about when I’ll get the 9”coil, I’m just looking forward to it while enjoying the 11”. There are still programs I haven’t tried yet, but weather here is allowing me to get out more often now so I can get up to speed. 
when do you expect to have your own Deus II ?

I enjoy your comments and observations. 

You are right this 11" coil is a very good coil . I just watched abenson's last relic hunting video , he has done a great job with this coil . The right choice for relic hunting because it very probably goes deeper than the 9" coil . At the end I will have probably have both coils ... 

This week I had no time available for detecting. I will  just wait a few weeks before buying a D2 so that I can have it a little cheaper ... My be a second hand I will see ...

Thanks for your nice reports, appreciate a lot. Talking about coils, now I’m with the 11”, I’m sure I’ll take also the 9”,  D2 deserves it. Maybe 9” is better than 11” one on hot soils..

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:33 AM, palzynski said:

XP DEUS2 11" ASSESSMENT ( after 10 hours field testing  /inland hunting ) : 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Updated on March 16th 2022 )

The Deus2 offers me exactly what I was expecting , the historical Deus1 speed-reactivity in the iron trash and its lightness , plus the Equinox depth and softer audio.  What else ? 🙂

MY GRADING :  4,7 of 5  ( 19/20 )

THE PLUS :

- very good in the irons despite the large coil size
- excellent detection depth

- very polyvalent / all terrain thx to the FMF multifrequency
- very light machine ( from 880g )
- new performing and nice SQUARE audio 
- many modes and expert settings available
- excellent RC and WS6 ergonomy
- easy to use
- RC IP68 protected to 20m for diving 
- very convenient telescopic shaft
- many accessories available : 9" coil , WSA2 - WSA2 XL -  BH01 headphones , MI6  , etc 
- frequent software updates available at xpmetaldetectors.com
- etc

THE CONS :

- detector slightly front heavy with the 11" coil
- expensive ( 1600e / $ )

SUMMARY OF MY DEUS2  SETTINGS :
---------------------------------------

-   General detection moderately to medium iron trash - beginners :
        P1 GENERAL or P5 PARK 

-   Iron trashed areas :       
       P2  SENSITIVE ;  SQUARE  , 5 tones

-   Hunting deep coins in clean soil :
       P6   DEEP HC ;     SQUARE  , 5 tones

Alain

Thank you for your review and posts! I live in Iron Infested New England. I am running 3 custom programs that run at different maximum frequencies. I am running a modified General program that runs Max 40KHZ, a modified Park program that runs at Max 24KHZ and a modified Deep HC that runs a Max 14KHZ. This lets me experiment with each FMF mode on the fly. I am running PWM audio in Pitch mode. I like the subtle nuanced tones it gives. I have LOT of high iron here where I live that sounds like a good conductor. The fuzzy edges of the signal tell me it's junk. Thank you for your efforts and I hope you make MANY more posts Sir!!

Peace and HH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, palzynski said:

For info my Deus2 testing review is now available at my partner MD shop site: 

Test XP DEUS 2 28FMF en terres intérieures (metaux-detection.fr)   - language : French 

I missed this post, excellent review and great photos! I probably didn't read it because I didn't have a Deus 2 at the time.

One of the things I see here generally is that it's a good thing the detector was engineered and made in France. 🇫🇷 Y'all have just about every kind of condition except the "outback" 😀 Reading a French detectorist testing it is great as well, I really don't like hype videos, just practical thought, and great landscape shots for emphasis. 😁 Are you copying my style? 🤣

Thank you for your extensive and detailed testing. I'm surprised you didn't summarize with Relic as one of your choices at the end, I used it on your recommendation and liked it a lot, buggy as it is.

I'm not so much the testing type, more a get out there and bash around kinda person. 🙂 People like you are a great help. 👍

• Like 1