Legend Production Unit Beach Run!

Thanks for taking us along.  Some of the early targets (lead sinkers) seemed to give low (non-ferrous?) tones mixed in with the intermediate tones.  Was there iron (e.g. clasps) associated with those weights?  If not, do you think this might be an expose' of the fixed iron bias of the current model (pre- iron bias adjustment update)?

If I recall, your first N/M Legend video done with the pre-release test version had zinc cents hitting ~37 and copper cents about 43-44 (please correct me).  Were those two rings right in there with the copper cent VDI's?

Finally, do you notice volume variation with depth or is too early with your new instrument to pick up on that?

• Like 1

Ok, my honest opinion:   That machine is jumpy and quivering.   I'm sure you could lower the sens, and get it to "quiet down".   But the amount of quivering and fluttering I saw would not be pleasant , in my book.

Who's that handsome guy with the rippling biceps and 6-pack abs that comes in the scenes starting at 9:33 ?  😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Thanks for taking us along.  Some of the early targets (lead sinkers) seemed to give low (non-ferrous?) tones mixed in with the intermediate tones.  Was there iron (e.g. clasps) associated with those weights?  If not, do you think this might be an expose' of the fixed iron bias of the current model (pre- iron bias adjustment update)?

If I recall, your first N/M Legend video done with the pre-release test version had zinc cents hitting ~37 and copper cents about 43-44 (please correct me).  Were those two rings right in there with the copper cent VDI's?

Finally, do you notice volume variation with depth or is too early with your new instrument to pick up on that?

Thanks for watching GBA.  The sinkers all have some type of wire loop to attach the fishing line, some appear to iron others are brass.  Most of the sinkers came in the mid 40's.  Surprised with all the sinkers no gold, but it's luck of the draw.

Here were my results from the Legend proto:

U.S. $1 gold coin 23
V nickles 24-25
U.S. $5 gold coin 38
Crusty zinc 38
IHP 40
Clean zinc 42
Green wheatie 42
Orange wheatie 45
Canadian copper small cent 45
silver dime 45-46
Silver quarter 52
Morgan silver dollar 59-60
BUTLER / STAND 6¼ cent 21mm brass trade token 43 (TC-294985 Haddock (2019) 1836).

It has modulated audio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Ok, my honest opinion:   That machine is jumpy and quivering.   I'm sure you could lower the sens, and get it to "quiet down".   But the amount of quivering and fluttering I saw would not be pleasant , in my book.

Who's that handsome guy with the rippling biceps and 6-pack abs that comes in the scenes starting at 9:33 ?  😏

I'm noticing that when in full tones that is oft the case, next time I'll test out the lesser tone options.  Nice thing about the lesser tone options is that you can completely reprogram them. Audio, tone break, pitch, threshold, all kinds of stuff.  You could actually take a 6 tone and make it a five (why I have no idea, but you could).

I don't know what you're looking at at the beach 🧐

IMG_0210.thumb.PNG.e2ebfb799ca2fef01c3d1b3ba41ac90d.PNG

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

What I'm about to say may sound a bit strange, but believe me it's absolutely true.  it may be that these algae affect the machine and is something responsible for that sizzle.  Here on the beaches of southern Spain (Cádiz), above all, there is a type of algae that emits a weak signal every time the coil passes over it, as if it were a deep object.  Thank God they come out sporadically, otherwise it would be impossible to detect. that only happens with the equinox

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

While Im testing indoors (-6 today and frozen solid) this machine seems to have a very nice faint range--a good fade out in all  modes. 

cjc

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Luis said:

What I'm about to say may sound a bit strange, but believe me it's absolutely true.  it may be that these algae affect the machine and is something responsible for that sizzle.  Here on the beaches of southern Spain (Cádiz), above all, there is a type of algae that emits a weak signal every time the coil passes over it, as if it were a deep object.  Thank God they come out sporadically, otherwise it would be impossible to detect. that only happens with the equinox

Thanx for this input Luis .  I've noticed that my Explorer II is nice & deep and smooth on regular wet/salt/sand.   But that on this current see-grass/kelp/sandstone coral surface, it causes my explorer fluttery chatter.    And not the same type "flutter and chatter" as black sand does.  This is a different sort of interference .  

Your post is revealing, and makes sense.   As if the kelp/sea-grass draws up minerals, packs moisture in unequal amounts, etc....   Can't exactly put my finger on why.

The Nox's that are working this current site are more stable.   Not sure I'd say they're getting more depth, but just that they're more smooth, in the final analysis.

• Like 5

On 2/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, Luis said:

Actually it doesn't sound strange.  I should point out that this beach is interesting in that during a minus tide (there's only a couple a year typically) it exposes the bedrock at the beach, and there have been many old gold and silver rings and whatnot found then.  So you're effectively hunting on top of the bedrock with a thin layers of sand and wet salt water, and all the sea life and vegetation that lives on top of the bedrock.

It's more like crevicing in salt water trying to find the jewelry and coins that have been stuck in the bedrock cracks, nooks and crannies versus your typical sandy beach hunt.

It should be duly noted that although only silver, I believe I bested Tom_in_CA in the number of rings I dug 😁

He did pull a rabbit out of his derrière at the end of the hunt when he dug a few parts to a neat bracelet (got a pic of that Tom?), but still 🙂