Legend Production Unit Beach Run!

21 hours ago, cjc said:

While Im testing indoors (-6 today and frozen solid) this machine seems to have a very nice faint range--a good fade out in all  modes. 

cjc

Agreed, they did a nice job on the modulated audio characteristics IMHO.

• Like 1

Tree roots will make the 7000 go off so it's possible that the combo of the salt and swamp features of this beach can make a difference and I'm sure there is lots of EMI in that area as I know the area well despite me never hunting that particular beach the pictures of the bluff coinciding with the time of day/low tide and the orientation of the girls shadow narrows it down to a particular area that I have zoomed into on google earth... But no worries I've been busy with so much work that I have not even paid attention to the tide charts for the last couple months. 😜

strick 

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

It should be duly noted that although only silver, I believe I bested Tom_in_CA in the number of rings I dug 😁

He did pull a rabbit out of his derrière at the end of the hunt when he dug a few parts to a neat bracelet (got a pic of that Tom?), but still 🙂

Getting a little feisty and competitive, eh ?   Nice try bro, but I think we were even on silver.  3 silver jewelry each, right ?   But I will admit this :  You got more sinkers than I did.  Which was the right zones for fatty gold rings to be in .  For where mother-nature settles those type targets at.  

But I was "saved by the bell", d/t you got no gold rings  😇

6 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Getting a little feisty and competitive, eh ?   Nice try bro, but I think we were even on silver.  3 silver jewelry each, right ?   But I will admit this :  You got more sinkers than I did.  Which was the right zones for fatty gold rings to be in .  For where mother-nature settles those type targets at.  

But I was "saved by the bell", d/t you got no gold rings  😇

Now, now, notice I specifically said RINGS 🙂   Hey the bracelet bits were pretty cool, can you post a picture?

I moved around quite a bit, I should've focused more in depth on the area I was getting all the sinkers, heck I dug two nice sized ones mere inches away.   For someone who's not a regular beach hunter, that was fun, and you can't beat the scenery 😉

• Like 2

What's the deepest target you dug, and did you do any depth tests on any coins? 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, Tom_in_CA said:

Ok, my honest opinion:   That machine is jumpy and quivering.   I'm sure you could lower the sens, and get it to "quiet down".   But the amount of quivering and fluttering I saw would not be pleasant , in my book.

Who's that handsome guy with the rippling biceps and 6-pack abs that comes in the scenes starting at 9:33 ?  😏

I noticed that too. On the Multi Kruzer if I use beach mode and GB isn't spot on it will get noisy. I usually manually ground balance and can get the machine running super quiet.

Might be worth trying a manual GB on the Legend and see if that does the trick.