Anyone Using Deus 2 Aftermarket Charging Clamp For Coil?

4 minutes ago, Sandheron said:

Its just glued on.

I’m a little leery of “permanently”attaching anything to my detectors.  I could probably remove it with a heatgun if I had to, but I would rather have a mechanical connection rather than glue.  I wonder how it would hold up long term in salt water.  If there’s any ingress into that charging port door I would think the contacts would corrode over time.  However I do like the fact of being able to hunt with a battery pack hooked up to the coil if you had to.  I’m noticing the coil battery loses its charge the fastest of all three components.  

8 hours ago, Gwcracker said:

Here's a twist..

In Ukraine..

Thanks but not for me. I will search till I find the magnetic one and until then I’ll use the stock charging clip. The problem I see right off with this is it is not removable and will be in the way a bit with the antenna cable. Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

I use the aftermarket 3D-printed clip from Detector Doodads.  It slides on easily and has a voltage display, which is nice.  I can generally tell the charge level of the coil by the voltage reading.  Have not used the factory clip since buying the aftermarket clip.  Money well-spent.

2274-1024.jpg

• Like 4

It will display from 5.20 to 5.12 when it starts out charging (probably depending on the amount of charge left in the coil battery) and it drops and holds at about 5.02 when the the battery charge is full because the battery protection circuit will stop charging when the battery reaches full capacity.

• Like 2

I have the one from Detecting DooDads. It took a while to get shipped out, but once it arrived I was very happy with it. It eliminated two problems for me. 1) The OEM clip is a pain to get in place because the tip of the clamp always catches on the lip of the coil cover. The Detecting DooDads clamp just slips right on. 2) I use a 3D printed coil balancer which moves the lower shaft mounting point up to the center of the coil. The cable on the OEM clamp plugs in on the side, so with the balancer on there it was making contact with the lower shaft mount and difficult to get it attached. The cable on the DooDads mount plugs In on top of the charger, so that issue was fixed. Money well spent IMHO.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mudwhale said:

I am absolutely not having any issues with my factory charging setup. Yes, you need to get your coil off the ground a bit to ensure contact. I am having zero issues.

Me too.  Sometimes it’s a little difficult getting the clip wide enough to slide over the edge of the coil cover.  To make it a little easier to slide on, I took a small file and beveled the edges of the coil cover where the clip slides on.  

• Like 2