Anyone Using Deus 2 Aftermarket Charging Clamp For Coil?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure some people will find it helpful, and if anyone has links to other models they have used themselves, and like, please post.

I think it's kind of odd that XP has not addressed this, when what appear to be better third party alternatives exist. When I was in the UK around lot of Deus owners for a lot of time, it seemed there was always somebody having a problem with clips, and charging, questions about light being on or off, etc etc. It just seems like a headache area that could be eliminated almost entirely, and I'm surprised XP did not take the opportunity here with a new detector model to do just that.

But I know how engineers think. What they have works just fine if everything is done just right. So  its the customers fault, right? That really is how manufactuters in general tend to think - I saw it a lot when running my dealership, and with far larger companies than XP. A more realistic approach is to recognize your customers have an issue, and then out engineer them to make the problem all but impossible, even for a dummy blindfolded in a dark room. :smile:

• Like 3

If anyone has info on the magnetic charging cable shown on a recently removed thread here, could you share info with me ?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Carolina said:

If anyone has info on the magnetic charging cable shown on a recently removed thread here, could you share info with me ?

Thanks

Are you talking about a cable for the coil? Homemade, or aftermarket? You are not thinking of the cable for use while diving are you?

10 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I’m new to XP products and have only charged my coil twice so far. In the manual it says the light stays on constantly while charging.  When I put the charging clip on my coil the light goes solid but does a real quick blink every 4 or 5 seconds.  Is that what xp means by the light staying on constantly?   My coil charges up like this I’m just wondering if it’s normal to have that quick blink.  

While charging the light is steady on( but there is a faint blink I notice but for most part it’s steady on- never off while still charging. When fully charged, it goes to blink- 4 seconds on 4 seconds off 4 on 4 off forever when in charged standby status. When the detector is turned on, there is a different blink regiment I never paid attention to what it is. 

3 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

While charging the light is steady on( but there is a faint blink I notice but for most part it’s steady on- never off while still charging. When fully charged, it goes to blink- 4 seconds on 4 seconds off 4 on 4 off forever when in charged standby status. When the detector is turned on, there is a different blink regiment I never paid attention to what it is. 

Yes, that’s what mine does….steady on with a faint blink.  Thanks for confirming!

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Are you talking about a cable for the coil? Homemade, or aftermarket? You are not thinking of the cable for use while diving are you?

Yes for the coil. It looked like the round oblong piece inside the stock charging clip minus the clip and it jumped ( magnetic ) on to the coils positive and negative connections similar to the Equinox. There was a video showing it. Dang it, it must be out there somewhere. My search begins.