Paystreak Legend Video Initial Tests

Production model Legend without iron bias update, tested for durability and depth by Paystreak Superfreak.

• Like 2

Why does it have to perform equal to Deus 1 in iron???

For me, if it can eventually detect as well and accurately as an Equinox while having better build quality and waterproofing, that is enough for me to consider it as a viable option. 

It is not specifically a competitor of Deus. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Why does it have to perform equal to Deus 1 in iron???

For me, if it can eventually detect as well and accurately as an Equinox while having better build quality and waterproofing, that is enough for me to consider it as a viable option. 

It is not specifically a competitor of Deus. 

Well put Jeff.  I don't know about you but I've seen enough of this testing to last me a lifetime.  I guess I'm in the minority but I could care less about finding coins between nails on a board and all of these baloney comparisons to other detectors.  I've been detecting since 1972 and back then all we did was hunt with the detectors of the day.  Some worked, some didn't.  Same holds true now in my view.

Meaning no offense to anyone but can some of you guys with the Legend just use it and see how you like it? 

Bill

• Like 5

Yes Jeff if it performed as well as the equinox 800 that would be better, I agree with that 100%,.    

But as far as these  test's  go whether air test or in the ground on on someone's test garden,.      It is entertaining, and I thank everyone for doing them, 

• Like 1

I certainly agree with the comments above, but I think NM is paying attention to what XP is doing with the Deus II.

I have a Legend on order because the machine is very similar to what I'm using now, Equinox 800. My warranty runs out this month and I need a reliable water machine that performs well and has all the adjustments that I like to use, tone break, recovery speed, tone pitch. I don't usually hunt in iron infested areas, and if I did, I certainly would not be trying to use an 11" coil :-) If it performs close to the Equinox and is more reliable in the water, I will feel like I've got more than my money's worth.

• Like 4

I like the coil ears.

• Like 1

I would never even consider doing 4 foot repetitive drop tests on concrete using an Equinox or Deus like the ones Jeremy did to his Legend along with throwing it several times and kicking it. Amazing. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I like the coil ears.

They're beefy, the coil ears almost look like one of the aftermarket coil stiffeners they make for the Equinox 🤔

• Like 3