Paystreak Legend Video Initial Tests

One thing to keep in mind, yes Jeremy does some entertaining detecting videos, and he's certainly unfiltered, but folks need to keep in mind that he has pretty unique soil.  He's excited if he can hit a 5" deep dime in his soil, he seems to have Culpeper Virginia like soil to deal with.   If it does well in his dirt, it should perform well in complex soil conditions.

17 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

One thing to keep in mind, yes Jeremy does some entertaining detecting videos, and he's certainly unfiltered, but folks need to keep in mind that he has pretty unique soil.  He's excited if he can hit a 5" deep dime in his soil, he seems to have Culpeper Virginia like soil to deal with.   If it does well in his dirt, it should perform well in complex soil conditions.

If you think his soil is unique, come to CT. I have spots where the GB value is 92-97. CT runs from 64-97 in different spots.

18 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I’ve been watching quite a few of paystreak’s videos.  I like him!  He’s definitely unfiltered.  Lol.  His vids look to be unedited and whatever happens, happens.  It’s just him detecting and he knows his machines well.  I get a kick out of the contrast between Paystreak and Gary Blackwell.  It’s like 3 cups of coffee verses smoking a joint.  Lol!   

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

If you think his soil is unique, come to CT. I have spots where the GB value is 92-97. CT runs from 64-97 in different spots.

That sounds like some dirt that we have out west, probably full 4-5 bar F75 mineralization meter dirt.   TomCA and I have one site in the desert that has such heavy alkali soil that the Impact couldn't ground balance in auto, had to do a manual GB and even then it was in the teens. It's an odd site, one side of the creek is fine, the other super heavy alkali soil. 

I like Jeremy's videos (I want some of whatever he's on, the guys like a detecting robot!!), just want folks to know that his soil is a bit unique, but if a machine excels in his soil then it should translate into good overall performance everywhere else.  When I was new to detecting I followed an advanced detectorists in Florida, and although his data is accurate I learned the hard way that what works great in his inert Florida soil doesn't translate to working well in the mineralized soils out west, so I always try to hone in on users that are hunting the same kind of dirt and types of sites that we like to detect, and that has panned out pretty well (that was how I learned of the original Makro Racer from Monte, and he was spot on). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’ve been watching quite a few of paystreak’s videos.  I like him!  He’s definitely unfiltered.  Lol.  His vids look to be unedited and whatever happens, happens.  It’s just him detecting and he knows his machines well.  I get a kick out of the contrast between Paystreak and Gary Blackwell.  It’s like 3 cups of coffee verses smoking a joint.  Lol!   

Hmm...please do tell, inquiring minds want to know 😂

• Haha 2

I hope no one takes my comparison between Jeremy and Gary the wrong way.  All I’m trying to say is Jeremy’s videos are, shall we say high energy and Gary’s are calm and laidback.  Both are very informative, but get their points across in different manners.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought the Dude was going to destroy it during unboxing.😁

• Haha 2

I'd sure never want to buy any of his used detectors "hundreds and hundreds of times with the Simplex" In 45 years of detecting, I've never found a need to drop or throw a detector. Just sayin'

• Haha 3