Paystreak Legend Video Initial Tests

He was likely provided the detector, and as someone that is trying to show how a detector performs and it's build quality it makes sense to give it a bit of a beating to prove its robust, although the QED is an example of where this method of testing can be a bit misleading.  They had people concerned they make 3D printed arm cuffs for it as it has a long history of weak 3D printed parts breaking, so they threw one of the new 3D printed arm cuffs down a concrete driveway a few times on video to prove its strength with it bouncing along the concrete, yes, it survived this but do you think it's durable for years of detecting use vs an injected molded plastic arm cuff on every other detector known to man?

I didn't think anything much of what he did, he threw a detector around a bit on some grass, if it broke doing that I'd be very concerned about its build quality, even the Equinox ears would survive that and they're a long way from a good build quality. 

The other thing with videos like this is if it did break, you'd never know as the video wouldn't be on Youtube, it'd be deleted waiting for the next Legend to arrive to try again! 😄

Not saying this guy did anything like this, I have no idea about the guy, but it's why that I think sort of test may not be a good test of durability.

Phrunt as far as I know paystreak superfreak purchased the Legend as per his statement quite awhile back, I watched that first video of his unboxing and thought what the heck why would someone do that, but he did prove one thing if the legend can with stand that abuse it must be built good if you look at all his videos he is pretty dang rough with his detectors its crazy

• Like 1

I don't know much about him, but he seems to have one when nobody else can and If I recall correctly he opened the package direct from Turkey, can you buy one from Turkey? I can't.  Either way I'm not trying to discredit him in any way, it's just throwing a detector around on grass if any detector broke doing that I'd be very disappointed in its build quality.

If he threw his detector around like that out of the goodness of his heart to show us all that it's reasonably robust, good on the guy! Any feedback from buyers is always appreciated so are any videos that demonstrate the good, bad and the ugly of any detector. 

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I don't know much about him, but he seems to have one when nobody else can and If I recall correctly he opened the package direct from Turkey, can you buy one from Turkey? I can't.  Either way I'm not trying to discredit him in any way, it's just throwing a detector around on grass if any detector broke doing that I'd be very disappointed in its build quality.

If he threw his detector around like that out of the goodness of his heart to show us all that it's reasonably robust, good on the guy! Any feedback from buyers is always appreciated so are any videos that demonstrate the good, bad and the ugly of any detector. 

don't know all I can tell you is what he stated on a video before he ever received the Legend he did not only drop it several time he threw it and drop kicked it would you ever do that with any detector not me i don't care how well they say they are built some of his videos are pretty crazy to say the least

Mr. High Energy. That's cool. I see a "Folgers" commercial in the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/2/2022 at 9:36 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I would never even consider doing 4 foot repetitive drop tests on concrete using an Equinox or Deus like the ones Jeremy did to his Legend along with throwing it several times and kicking it. Amazing. 

To me it's all about basic theory.  People  run from that kind  of learning like the  --well you know.. virus.

So lets take Modulation.  I can give someone a pretty good run down on how Modulation will affect their detecting experience in a couple of paragraphs.  "Modulation is a software feature that --in order to keep  a handle on the wild noise of a high gain, multi  FQ  signal--it makes  everything sound more the same.  So it both mutes and amplifies at the same time."   Done.  However without that information an Equinox user gets out there and can't understand  why the machine is booming on little flyspecks of  foil and conversely, bringing pop can and sunglass signals down to sound coin size.  So he puffs out his chest, gets  on  his YouTube  channel and does a viddy:  "My machine won't tell size...! What a piece of junk!"  Multiply that by all the improvements in detectors over the last few years and you arrive at the present situation.  Too many  hunters are talking about effects--not causes and these effects have become the conversation. 

• Like 2