How Hard Is The Deus II To Learn If You've Never Used An XP Detector?

Don’t be intimidated by the menu.  Play with it and you’ll find that you’re learning your way around the options pretty quickly.
Read the manual and familiarize yourself with what those options do.  The more you do that, the quicker you’ll feel comfortable with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That was the intent of my question. I'd say it's taken me probably 2 years to get completely comfortable with the Equinox. Of course you never stop learning, and I got into that detector after not having detected since I was a kid (I'm retired now, sort of). At first glance, the D2 looks like an even steeper learning curve for someone like me who has never used an XP and have no ideas what many of the settings even mean. The Deus 2 is literally like learning a new language for me and I can only assume it would take at least a few years to get comfortable with it too. Although many have said the stock programs are useable to get going so that's encouraging, and I really don't mind learning a new language, I just hope I can pick it up a little more quickly. 😉

Don't sell yourself short! Many of the settings on the Deus II are similar to your nox but named different. What the Deus has is unbelievable audio settings you can adjust to your liking. I estimate you mastering the menu and settings in a couple days. It took me a day to master the menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, shopkins1994 said:

the D2 looks pretty daunting for someone who is not familiar with the XP platform.

Actually, I found it easier to correct when something wrong is causing noise or If want to push it more.

Once You choose the preset with +/- keys, central button is the one to check vertically all you have in it.

Again you can change with +/- the level You like.

Long press of right upper button=noise cancel.

Short press=GB options

Long press of + lower button=general volume

When the "expert" appears on the left lower part of screen, there are deep settings You can fine tune for tones number, tones kind and filters.It will depend on the program You are ..

(I never owned an Xp).

• Like 4

On 3/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

Actually, I found it easier to correct when something wrong is causing noise or If want to push it more.

Once You choose the preset with +/- keys, central button is the one to check vertically all you have in it.

Again you can change with +/- the level You like.

Long press of right upper button=noise cancel.

Short press=GB options

Long press of + lower button=general volume

When the "expert" appears on the left lower part of screen, there are deep settings You can fine tune for tones number, tones kind and filters.It will depend on the program You are ..

(I never owned an Xp).

I’ll add one more:   Long press of lower left “-“ button also goes to volume settings.  Although I’m right-handed, it’s a nice feature for left-handed users.  

• Like 6

10 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I’ll add one more:   Long press of lower left “-“ button also goes to volume settings.  Although I’m right-handed, it’s a nice feature for left-handed users.  

A long press of the lower right button does the same thing for us Righties.

• Like 2