Hats Available For Distribution :

That's great and I would get one..BUT I don't live in California and it wouldn't work in my state with California written on it.

Maybe another version that is more generic with no state mentioned, maybe a federal/national agency, like "National Lead Abatement Collective"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

That's great and I would get one..BUT I don't live in California and it wouldn't work in my state with California written on it.

Maybe another version that is more generic with no state mentioned, maybe a federal/national agency, like "National Lead Abatement Collective"

Yes.  That just occurred to me, after I'd posted the shameless pitch, that there's folk across the nation that chime in here.  Doh !

Ok:  If there is enough demand from other states : We can do the next run with a change of state name, to fit your state. Or we'll do a run where the word "California" is dropped.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

How about FEDERAL Lead Abatement Collective? 

That sounds for more "official" ha ha

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Yes.  That just occurred to me, after I'd posted the shameless pitch, that there's folk across the nation that chime in here.  Doh !

Ok:  If there is enough demand from other states : We can do the next run with a change of state name, to fit your state. Or we'll do a run where the word "California" is dropped.

And don't forget us Australian,s . No forget it the $20 would not get anywhere near the shipping cost. 😉 You could mod your design and make it removal or "heavy metals" that would get the "prospectors" in the loop.   

And a funny "aha moment" occurred the other day when Brian (cal cobra) and I were on the beach :   I normally don't chit-chat with passerbys.   If you get the "what are you finding ?" question, I just say "a few pennies" and ignore them.  And I would assume that the only reason to point to the hat, is if someone is griping for some reason.

HOWEVER :  Our two friends Aaron and Mark (who were wearing the hats this day) would gleefully point to their hats, and show a few sinkers from their aprons.   And I figured that any passerby would "see right through that" and know that we're joking.  BUT SURPRISINGLY people never questioned it.   They were praising us.  At first I thought "oh they're just joking around too".  But then it became apparent that this noble cause was not doubted in the slightest.

It was an eye-opener as to how good these hats could potentially be.

• Like 2

Great hat Tom! Looking forward to seeing the generic hats. Hope ya do a camo one 🤔 😀

I'm thinking y'all could do one that mentions Tetanus too, for all the hooks, nails, sharp metal and crab/lobster pots we dig out there... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being in Florida, my head would bake in a matter of minutes with the solid material used on the back of the hat. If it had mesh instead for the back and no California on the front, I might get one. Thanks for the laugh at the end of a long day.😂

• Like 2