Hats Available For Distribution :

I think you should do one* that's sky blue with a white duck on it. And it would say:

American Federal Lead Abatement Collective

AFLAC!

*joking

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice!

Make me want to start a Coin Abatement Initiative 🙂

• Haha 3

Tom,

Your PM is full.  I'll take a hat.

Mitchel

23 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Tom,

Your PM is full.  I'll take a hat.

Mitchel

HHhhmmm, let me look into this when I get back to my work 'puter tomorrow.  I didn't know "in-boxes" could be "full".  I'll get back to you.   Thanx ! 

There is only a limited amount of space you get on the Forum PM.  

3 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

HHhhmmm, let me look into this when I get back to my work 'puter tomorrow.  I didn't know "in-boxes" could be "full".  I'll get back to you.   Thanx ! 

When you enter your forum email look at the top right hand side:

image.thumb.png.25ff2a59afb55c9e6f807f2d60f5a97d.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

And a funny "aha moment" occurred the other day when Brian (cal cobra) and I were on the beach :   I normally don't chit-chat with passerbys.   If you get the "what are you finding ?" question, I just say "a few pennies" and ignore them.  And I would assume that the only reason to point to the hat, is if someone is griping for some reason.

HOWEVER :  Our two friends Aaron and Mark (who were wearing the hats this day) would gleefully point to their hats, and show a few sinkers from their aprons.   And I figured that any passerby would "see right through that" and know that we're joking.  BUT SURPRISINGLY people never questioned it.   They were praising us.  At first I thought "oh they're just joking around too".  But then it became apparent that this noble cause was not doubted in the slightest.

It was an eye-opener as to how good these hats could potentially be.

The hat with an orange construction safety vest, and nobodies going to bother you 🤠

• Like 1

You guys need a magnetic sign for you vehicle too, so you can better access critical areas.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The hat with an orange construction safety vest, and nobodies going to bother you 🤠

I will never forget the time I had just gotten off work (where we do wear orange safety vest when driving the equipment).  And I had gone straight to an oldtown demolition site in our city.   A 1920s theater that was being prepped for teardown. So the insides were being gutted for any salvage materials.  So for a day-or-two, a few of us made sport of finding coins in all the nooks and crannies around the yesteryear concession stand, ticket booth, air-vent-grates, etc...

A few of us were md'ing there, making quite a racket with our crowbars, when we heard a cop on a loudspeaker outside , ordering us to "come out with our hands up ".  Apparently a neighboring business had heard some of this after hours racket, and thought someone was up to no-good inside there !  

We emerged from the dark building, out to the exterior.  But he took one look at me, wearing my yellow vest, and busted out laughing.  Said : "Oh, sorry to bother you guys.  Didn't know you were still working this late.  Someone called because they thought homeless persons were in here up to no good.   Carry on.  Sorry to bother you".   And he left.

It was only THEN that I realized that I was still wearing a yellow vest.  And this had led him to assume we were workers.   I'm fine with that.  We went back inside and resumed our work  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3