Small GPZ Audio Issue

9 hours ago, nvchris said:

Yep, It's not uncommon for the signal to cut in and out.

I think it's a much cleaner tone when plugged in directly.

I use a short (12") jumper cable to mitigate the problems Klunker described.

Never used my GPZ without the wireless module. 

Next time I'm out I might have to see if the audio is improved by plugging directly in. 

Try wiggling the headphone wire at the plug to see if you get any audio static or cuts. Ive had probably 10 pairs of Koss headphones go bad, due to that wire breaking. It usually starts out  as an intermittent audio cut

• Like 1

Hello?

1 hour ago, DDancer said:

Hello?

I think the OP is trying to explain what is happening with the GPZ by using a comparison or example of how the GPX blanks when discriminating ferrous items using a DD coil with iron reject. He wasn't saying that the GPX does the same thing just that it is the best way he can think to describe it.

I've used 3 x different types of wireless systems with various detectors from MinelabMods Little Ripper on a SD2200D thru to Avantree low latency units on GP3500 & SDC2300 along with the WM12 on the GPZ. They have all had an intermittent, although very infrequent, blanking or cutting out due mostly to body position I found. In my experience it only ever lasts a fraction of a second & any very short inconvenience is by far outweighed by the convenience of being wireless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WesD said:

Try wiggling the headphone wire at the plug to see if you get any audio static or cuts. Ive had probably 10 pairs of Koss headphones go bad, due to that wire breaking. It usually starts out  as an intermittent audio cut

I know what you mean with those Koss headphones. But I use the Sun Ray Pro headphones. 

4 hours ago, DDancer said:

Hehh :0

The topic: And the query.

Is it a Zed?  Read the question.

Yeah the audio can cut out on the WM12 but thats just keeping it in your pocket or in LOS, Line Of Sight, dont know that the GPX has this capability unless someones adapted it... I'll put my hard hat on just incase someone wants to dump a load of bricks on me....

I was using the GPX scenario just to illustrate what the GPZ audio problem sounded like. 

Thanks for pointing that out... Its a bit obvious to me now.  Hehh, sorry I had a case of bringing my work home with me~ a long argument on paperwork and definitions of how to word things.  Got caught in a literary loop Littoraly :)  Mind could not make the connections much like an audio cutout. :blink:

Ddancer, definitely keep your wireless receiver closer.:rolleyes:

I must have a longer range wireless on mine, I often, having left my pick at last hole, leave Z at new dig wander back and retrieve pick, wireless doesn`t start getting intermittent for 5m plus cutting out completely 20m plus away. Don`t think your problem is wireless related, could it be a GB null? Does it only occur in one ground condition?