My First Sacagawea

I only see these at the Post Office. Never expected to dig one up.

A54BE7A3-A727-43E7-9CE1-73EDB3C4A222.thumb.jpeg.00464c28eca0a76f38cb271934490af7.jpeg

Found it behind the backstop of a softball field. I guess I need to add it to my bucket list so I can cross it off.

Ironically, Iโ€™ve been looking for an intact beaver-tail pop top for a long time. I want to show young people how we decorated our dorm rooms with pop top chains back in the Dark Ages.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Nice coin OLP! ๐Ÿ‘ What is the heart shaped or clover looking thing in the bag?

Also great vintage pull tab. ๐Ÿ˜ Those old ones were far more useful than the newer ones that have to be ripped off the can so they can litter properly... ๐Ÿ˜€

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

What is the heart shaped or clover looking thing in the bag?

As far as I can tell, itโ€™s a heart shaped or clover looking thing ๐Ÿ™„

Itโ€™s pierced as if a pendant or earring. But itโ€™s very thin and without any decoration. ย It broke when I dug it out, so I trapped the pieces in tape.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

I only see these at the Post Office. Never expected to dig one up.

A54BE7A3-A727-43E7-9CE1-73EDB3C4A222.thumb.jpeg.00464c28eca0a76f38cb271934490af7.jpeg

Found it behind the backstop of a softball field. I guess I need to add it to my bucket list so I can cross it off.

Ironically, Iโ€™ve been looking for an intact beaver-tail pop top for a long time. I want to show young people how we decorated our dorm rooms with pop top chains back in the Dark Ages.

Congrats! ย Before you know it youโ€™ll have enough of those old pulltabs to make another chain! ย 

• Haha 1