Vanquish 540 Gold?

My wife inherited some land from her grandfather. It is told he buried 4- 1kilo size gold bars (size of iPhone plus) and 4 silver bars on the property. Would a vanquish 540 pick it up? If buried all together 2-3 feet underground? And what do you think the readout number would be? 

If all the bars were touching each other, the unit set on max sensitivity, with no EMI, there might be a good chance to get a hit with it.

Some others might be able to give you a better opinion about it as they may have used one. I read some of the articles on here about it and think that you would have a chance with it. Just take your time with it and be used to the unit so it gives you a better chance.

You could always make some 1 kilo bars out of lead to test it out first so you know what the tones would be.

The 800 would be a better choice to have a chance at that depth.

Good luck

• Like 2

If you want to know if it even has a chance put a  couple of soda cans on the ground and see how far away you can get and still detect them. Then take off 20% to allow for the ground. A pulse induction machine will get that deep on targets that big.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, abenson said:

If you want to know if it even has a chance put a  couple of soda cans on the ground and see how far away you can get and still detect them. Then take off 20% to allow for the ground. A pulse induction machine will get that deep on targets that big.

Going by that test it will not have any trouble at all at depth of 3 ft deep 

53 minutes ago, John Henry said:

I buried some aluminum bars at 1.5 ft turned sensitivity to halfway and it detected them at a reading of 26…so hoping since the gold/silver are larger it would detect a little deeper. 

Yes I would have said 1,5 feet ( 45cm ) max for a gold bar with the 540 . Then if they are at 2 feet or deeper you will probably miss them .. Just my opinion

• Like 1

Welcome aboard John !

I'm guessing your budget is around the 540 price ?

Stepping into a PI could be a bit more.

If you've never detected before , learning what the machine is telling you is job #1 .

Do some detective work on where he liked to be on that property if possible . ANY detector searches a really small area at a time  . Narrow down the search area if you can, The rest will still be there if you don't have any luck where you look first.

Good luck , whatever you try looking with !🍀

ORRRRRR........

Invite everybody over to help to cover more ground with all types of detectors.?

You'd have plenty to negotiate a "finders fee " with !🤩 LOL

• Like 1

According to this test .. Vanquish 540 should not have a problem data signal to deep targets ...

but the lot will depend on the size of the rod ......

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard John !

I'm guessing your budget is around the 540 price ?

Stepping into a PI could be a bit more.

If you've never detected before , learning what the machine is telling you is job #1 .

what do you recommend for around 3-4 ft depth I can invest 

I'll leave that for others more experienced with finding large objects with the current crop of detectors.

But this link may give you more insight in what you're up against... 

• Like 1