Extra Depth For Your PulseDive

One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is watch salt and clear water diving/metal detecting videos. This morning I happened to notice that Micheal Oliver had some kind of small external attachment on his PulseDive which he claimed gives him extra depth and was purchased through detect-Ed. Initially I had my skeptic hat on, but hear me out. 

I suspected, based on how the attachment looked that it was a magnet filter of some sort housed in a strap. So I got out my PulseDive, a ruler, a quarter and various sizes of magnet filters I pulled from a TV set. Lo and behold, I was able to boost depth on a quarter from the usual 6” to as much as 7 1/2 to 8” depending on the size filter I used and placement. The only issue, which is easily addressed is affixing the magnet filter to the device (externally, no operation needed) just below the coil. Try this for yourself. It’s pretty eye opening. And I didn’t think it would work for beans. 

• Like 2

Try that on a vlf detector and see if it works.

I will try to get a picture up tonight to demonstrate where it goes. Or better yet, I’ll link to the video where I got the idea. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ivan Kraemer said:

Show a picture of how you mounted it please?

6:20 in the video

• Like 1

With my Seahunter if I have it off the ground at the beach depth isn't too good but if I skim the wet sand it hits very deep with strong signals. Saw somewheres on noobtube saying it is coil loading. I don't know more than that and results I have.

Might have to test with my pulsedive.