First Use Equals First Silver

relicmeister

Welcome to the Trime club relicmeister! 🏆 Glad to see you killing it with the D2, I'm considering getting one but found a Trime and a half myself so far with my detector. Guess I'll get my permissions as "clean" as I can and then hit them again in the future with a new machine. 😁

What I really admire is the iron relics, I typically avoid them and imagine you dug a lot of trash to get a couple good ones. Nice preservation job. 👍

• Like 4

Congratulations on the trime! Love finding those as they are hard to come by. Nice write up on your first outing with the Deus 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome to the Trime club relicmeister! 🏆 Glad to see you killing it with the D2, I'm considering getting one but found a Trime and a half myself so far with my detector. Guess I'll get my permissions as "clean" as I can and then hit them again in the future with a new machine. 😁

What I really admire is the iron relics, I typically avoid them and imagine you dug a lot of trash to get a couple good ones. Nice preservation job. 👍

If I’m not getting much by way of non ferrous targets, I go for the good sounding irons. I’ve got them hanging everywhere in my hangout. 
I don’t spent a lot of time on preserving irons as my quick method works just fine. They’re usually preserved within a day or two except for horseshoes and axe heads - they tend to sit a while. 

• Like 1

I think your iron pieces are part of a child’s toy. The horse for sure. The other looks like the single tree that joined the 2horses into a team. I have a similar undug toy. Look for the other horse!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Finally had a day where the ground wasn’t frozen so I went to a creekside  homesite I’ve hit so hard I have rarely of late  found anything of interest but in past years found numerous large cents and relics. I have the 11” coil. I started in general program but switched to sensitive, not altering any settings. I am highly impressed with the speed and sensitivity of this program. I think I will use one familiar program and one new to me one each time out as I get used to the Deus II. I was impressed by when I had a decent signal, it was usually a decent find, not junk. I dug numerous lead shot beads. I dug some iron signals in order to try to differentiate between small and large because I really appreciate iron relics. Today I found several including the iron horse and the ankh. ( by the way does anybody know what purpose these served? I’ve found several over the years but this one is the nicest example I’ve ever seen. My best find by far was the 1853 holed trime which was found at a depth of 6” in a very polluted area. Very impressive with an 11” coil. It was a strong 79 signal. This is my first trime. Or I found a trime for the first time, lol. 
   I left more than impressed with the Deus II’s ability to bring life back to old cherished sites and am very optimistic for this detecting season. I also left less upset by the lack of 9” coil. The irons were photographed after wire brush and coating with modge podge. 

A6B19454-C851-421E-B6C4-CB51685EB547.jpeg

B3294AEB-BA06-463E-B7C6-F580ADCF6B9F.jpeg

87701AE6-6E42-45C9-9B98-8F4627627889.jpeg

A9A6EE6B-4558-49E0-847E-A93273E26FDA.jpeg

ALL great finds Sir!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jayhop said:

Nice finds, I've never found a Trime. 

Thank you .. I’ve seen your finds,Jay ,and I’d be glad to trade hunting places, lol

• Like 1