Knowing The Best Size Coil For Your VLF To Produce Gold

19 hours ago, Bishop said:

that last pic of the gold. it looks like 2 different patches. the one on top looks like a bit more silver in it, electrum maybe?
and the lower pic smaller bits, but more pure or maybe a bit more copper in it.
last weekend i found 3 and my smallest bit yet with the 6k 11 inch, less than a grain,like .8 had me laughing as i could not believe that that coil could beep that small.
 no pic as i gave it away. that 11 inch is more than sensitive enough
for my use.

Good catch on the gold in the pic and that's typically true.  It all came from the same area, but the flash of the camera changed the gold a little farther away.  You'll see the same thing when looking at the gold scale.  The front scale looks darker than the back scale but they are the same.

Yes the GPX-6000 is almost like a sensitive VLF that turned into PI depth and stability in my opinion.  I've laughed myself a few times at the capabilities of the GPX-6000.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, mn90403 said:

Those are much harder to come by these days!

I mean good and bad targets - where you have lots of sifting to do. Plenty of picnic areas that are continually getting replenished with targets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Yes the GPX-6000 is almost like a sensitive VLF that turned into PI depth and stability in my opinion.  I've laughed myself a few times at the capabilities of the GPX-6000.

A lot of good points in this thread Gerry! (and everyone else of course!) 

Funny story on this. After I got my 10" coil from you for my GB2, I went up to a new location to try it out. I also took my GPX-6000 with me. Ground was frozen and I did not want to dig a bunch of iron so I started off with the GB2. First target was a .25g piece maybe an inch down. I detected another hour and only a few pieces of trash. I switched to the GPX and went back over the same areas and pulled out 3 more pieces(0.23, 0.06, and 0.04g). I flagged each spot and went back over them with the GB2 to see if it was me or the machine. The smallest two I could hear with both as they were practically on the surface but the GPX was a more reliable signal. The larger one was out of the reach of the GB2 at roughly 4". I know I'm no expert on the GB2 but I had the settings "maxed out" and not even a whisper. Im certain with the 6" on the GB2 it would have been a different story, but this does show to me at least the insanity of the GPX-6000. 

• Like 3

As someone who travels many states and a few countries while collecting a variety of gold pieces with detectors and coils, I've realized the importance of having more than 1 detector tool.  So many variables out there and each sites has different situations and sometimes varying gold types.  If you want best potential for success you should have a VLF and a big detector.  So many times I've planned on hunting an area with said machine and then get there to realize just around the bend is a more profitable situation to hunt but I need a different detector technology.  Knowing them and when to switch is key.

These two pics are the same rock from NV and I went down there expecting to use my GPZ-7000.  When I seen the type of gold and the source, I realized my GM-1000 had best potential. 

20170520_165701.thumb.jpg.4478480a94a3005b71e024fb4d33e9e6.jpg

It had approx 4 grams of gold in it and my GPZ-7000 heard....not a peep. 

20170520_165810.thumb.jpg.49c6212f93156556986cceaf423b6d61.jpg

Then down below, I was able to get a few others with the 7000 that were deeper than what the Monster could do.

20170521_192225.thumb.jpg.9985bec6300582e80cc499ed058457a3.jpg

• Like 7