I Out Lasted My Coil

Jayhop

47 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

I hunted hard Saturday. I was in a modified Deep High Conductor program most of the time. The coil battery indicator on the remote control started flashing empty after 7 hours and 40 minutes. It didn't die on me but I was tired so it flashing empty was a good reason to stop. All finds are from Saturday except the seated which I found today.  I'm not used to finds like these, I just got lucky and got permission to a good spot. 

20220305_204933.jpg

20220306_195202.jpg

20220306_195344.jpg

That 5 cent piece is incredible! Congrats!!

• Like 2

I agree with NCtoad that the half dime is particularly attractive.  It does appear to have some damage from being in the ground, particularly around the rim on the reverse, possibly rubbing up against small rocks in its close to 2 centuries in hiding.  It saw very little circulation before being lost.

The dime is also in very good condition and is a primo find unto itself.  In this case it got one-upped by its older but smaller sister.  A couple 4 bit pieces?  And then there are all those buttons.  Probably some time needed to identify those?

Quite a hunting spot you've got there.  Will you be able to go back for more?  Do you know anything about this site's history?

• Like 2

That's a proper session!

I can't say the same of my first two runs with the D2 on the beach.

Even if I was really far from my coast and wetsand is not my comfort kingdom, I still can't pull out a decent find but foils and stainless...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jayhop said:

... The coil battery indicator on the remote control started flashing empty after 7 hours and 40 minutes. It didn't die on me but I was tired so it flashing empty was a good reason to stop.....

Very nice finds , congrats ...

Apart from that I noticed the relatively short coil range ( 7 or 8 hours  ) too ....  Hopefully the RC range seems to be much more important ...

• Like 1

Those are finds most only dream of making. I have  5 hours use on my coil and 2 of 3 bars showing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I agree with NCtoad that the half dime is particularly attractive.  It does appear to have some damage from being in the ground, particularly around the rim on the reverse, possibly rubbing up against small rocks in its close to 2 centuries in hiding.  It saw very little circulation before being lost.

The dime is also in very good condition and is a primo find unto itself.  In this case it got one-upped by its older but smaller sister.  A couple 4 bit pieces?  And then there are all those buttons.  Probably some time needed to identify those?

Quite a hunting spot you've got there.  Will you be able to go back for more?  Do you know anything about this site's history?

These were from a farm field and yes it looks like they were dropped in very good condition. Top left coin is a cut half reale. Top right looks to be a cut half reale that has fire damage. I'm probably through at this spot for now because the farmer has started disking the fields. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

Very nice finds , congrats ...

Apart from that I noticed the relatively short coil range ( 7 or 8 hours  ) too ....  Hopefully the RC range seems to be much more important ...

The manual does say 8 hours coil life when in DHC. It's the program I have the most confidence in at this time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayhop said:

The manual does say 8 hours coil life when in DHC. It's the program I have the most confidence in at this time. 

Deep HC , I have not yet used-tested this program in the field as the manual states that it should rather be used  for good conductivity targets  , and personnaly I look for all conductivities incl lower ones  . Then for me DHC  looks quite specific with its max 14khz FMF freq  ...  btw I havedone static depth tests with it and yes it goes deep ..

I will try it during my next outing thx...

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Deep HC , I have not yet used-tested this program in the field as the manual states that it should rather be used  for good conductivity targets  , and personnaly I look for all conductivities incl lower ones  . Then for me DHC  looks quite specific with its max 14khz FMF freq  ...  btw I havedone static depth tests with it and yes it goes deep ..

I will try it during my next outing thx...

Capture.PNG

Deep HC non-ferrous finds (mostly brass and lead) in thick iron.

Not just for deep high conductors.  My favorite mode but it does suck the juice out of your coil.

20220306_135255.thumb.jpg.1eb317352e58ea89c505a6c10f33988b.jpg20220213_133124.thumb.jpg.9584be9eb26638f6e0da4be436ae1c30.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1