I Out Lasted My Coil

Jayhop

47 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Deep HC , I have not yet used-tested this program in the field as the manual states that it should rather be used  for good conductivity targets  , and personnaly I look for all conductivities incl lower ones  . Then for me DHC  looks quite specific with its max 14khz FMF freq  ...  btw I havedone static depth tests with it and yes it goes deep ..

I will try it during my next outing thx...

Capture.PNG

It will hit low conductors too but the tone isn't very pleasant if they are deep. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

It will hit low conductors too but the tone isn't very pleasant if they are deep. 

I use 3 different audio setups depending on conditions:  In real thick iron, I set disc between -2 and 0 and use full tones or alternatively, if iron is not too thick, I use Disc at the Deep HC default and use pitch audio either in PCM or Square depending on what sounds better for the conditions.  

• Like 1

The unimpressive coil life is a secondary reason to have a second coil, as I will as soon as available. On the other hand and perhaps a reflection of my hunting style/ locations I rarely detect for more than a few hours. If I travel a distance to a site, however, I might outlast a single coils juice. I’d like a second coil in these cases. 

• Sad 1

A few more charge/discharge cycles will get you to the prescribed 8hrs of usage for Deep HC mode, maybe even a few minutes more (I'm tired just thinking about that much time) lol. LiPo batteries do need some break-in to reach full capacity. Happy Finding!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I use 3 different audio setups depending on conditions:  In real thick iron, I set disc between -2 and 0 and use full tones or alternatively, if iron is not too thick, I use Disc at the Deep HC default and use pitch audio either in PCM or Square depending on what sounds better for the conditions.  

The pitch sounds fine on the deeper coins but I can't get the iron tones out of the deeper coins when in 5 tones even when there is no iron.

5 hours ago, relicmeister said:

The unimpressive coil life is a secondary reason to have a second coil, as I will as soon as available. On the other hand and perhaps a reflection of my hunting style/ locations I rarely detect for more than a few hours. If I travel a distance to a site, however, I might outlast a single coils juice. I’d like a second coil in these cases. 

I normally don't hunt for more than 4 hours but I know the land will soon be tilled and wanted to cover as much of it as possible before that happen. 

I agree, a second coil is a must for me. 

5 hours ago, 1moar said:

A few more charge/discharge cycles will get you to the prescribed 8hrs of usage for Deep HC mode, maybe even a few minutes more (I'm tired just thinking about that much time) lol. LiPo batteries do need some break-in to reach full capacity. Happy Finding!

Thanks for that information, I thought the more you charged and discharged the less time a battery would last. 

6 hours ago, 1moar said:

I’m noticing this also.