Heart Breaking Find And A Little Silver

So the heartbreaker was that ring wasn't valuable?  They can't all be gold.

• Like 4

I'd say that was a heckuva 30 minute hunt VL! 👍 Ya still have one more silver Rosie than I've ever dug, and you dug it deep. Pretty much confirms my belief that if there is any silver at my sites the 10x5 will find it. That little silver ring I got last week was deep and among iron. 😁 Had to use my VLF discriminating pinpointer to locate it.

Are you sure there's no hallmarks on that ring? Reason I ask is it's awfully complex for just a kid's ring. Clean out the inside and use a flashlight if you have to. Regardless, congrats. 🙂

Did you run sensitivity lower due to EMI? 

• Like 2

To me that was no heartbreaker V.L! I hunted for a year before I found silver. In fact, I had given up on silver and started hunting gold. I didn't find gold but I did find silver! It's a rush (and a milestone) either way!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Are you sure there's no hallmarks on that ring? Reason I ask is it's awfully complex for just a kid's ring.

There was no markings on it, and I could see some rust on it. There was plating that was starting to come off it also and the stones were just cut glass.

I was running the sense at a lower setting because I had power lines about 75 feet away and didn't want the noise from it.

Thanks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BMc said:

I hunted for a year before I found silver. In fact, I had given up on silver and started hunting gold.

With the Nox I have no problem finding silver when it's around, I can almost always get a dime when I get out there.

I have not yet found any half dollars and I believe that I will soon.

I can always find pull tabs, bottle caps, can slaw, but when will I find the good stuff.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

They can't all be gold.

Why not?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valens Legacy said:

With the Nox I have no problem finding silver when it's around, I can almost always get a dime when I get out there.

I have not yet found any half dollars and I believe that I will soon.

I can always find pull tabs, bottle caps, can slaw, but when will I find the good stuff.

Not sure what you're calling the good stuff, (half dollar?) but you will find it when you put a coil over it! Don't worry, It will come in due time. Karma will see to it as long as you don't stop taking care of your Grandma and Grandpa!

2 hours ago, BMc said:

Karma will see to it as long as you don't stop taking care of your Grandma and Grandpa!

I know that someday I will be finding a lot more with the detector in the future, because the more you use it the better you get. That's what grandfather told me, but I don't know if he was talking about detectors at the time.

Grandfather passed away and I have had to step up to take care of things for him, and that includes taking care of grandmother. She is getting worse and I believe that soon she will be going into a nursing home. Even at my younger age there are some things that I can't do for her. She really needs better care than what I can do for her, but until the time comes I will do my best to care for her.

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1