Testers Are Scaring Off Newbies! Maybe?

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I'm (knock on wood) surprised I haven't broken anything detecting before I've sure had my share of clutz moments, I'm glad that nobody saw most of them 🤕

I broke my QED the first time I took it prospecting, I almost fell over and let go of the detector so I didn't go down, broke it's arm cuff from the drop.  I have my clutz moments a lot 🙂

8 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

Was N/M upset with the criticism or how the critism was conveyed? 

It's hard to know, they're always doing a new Facebook live post "clearing things up" They added the iron bias setting though, so Iffy won 🙂

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I broke my QED the first time I took it prospecting, I almost fell over and let go of the detector so I didn't go down, broke it's arm cuff from the drop.  I have my clutz moments a lot 🙂

I was talking about body blows, but yeah I've had some detector blows too 🙄  Was wading across a creek at a long gone old mineral springs resort and snapped the pistol grip on my CZ-70 Pro when I lost my balance crossing the creek.  They don't work well for a balancing pole haha  Oh well, luckily I had the belt mount clip and was able to continue detecting. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's hard to know, they're always doing a new Facebook live post "clearing things up" They added the iron bias setting though, so Iffy won 🙂

The reason I ask is b/c I got the idea he was a beta tester or something and for a while, was under an NDA. So he had an opportunity to find problems and give suggestions to N/M. But when he had this opportunity, for w/e reason, N/M didn't make a decision to add an adjustable iron bias. I have 2 theories as to what happened here.

First, he asked for adjustable iron bias from day 1 (while he was under an NDA), but N/M refused to go along with his suggestion.

Second, he never asked for adustable iron bias and/or he didn't tell N/M about potential masking issues b/c of a fixed iron bias until AFTER his NDA was lifted.

If my second theory is correct, I can see why N/M would be upset with him. But Iffy seems like a decent guy, who's smart. So I'm going with my first theory. And if that theory is true, more power to him! 

I think it had been brought up long before that video, they were making a point of saying they were not going to be adding an iron bias setting weeks before that video was posted, perhaps he did the video out of frustration.

Many of Noktas testers are Youtube content creators with quite big followings, a marketing decision.

Anyway, this threads going off topic, it was more about if the videos these people put out are going to put newbies off detectors by how they're running their detectors in the videos, often quite unstable.

• Like 2