Gold On A New High

MSC

Where would someone sell a 10-ounce gold bar? I suspect that the average local venue can't deal with it and I would not want to mail it anywhere.

• Like 1

Time to start saving nickels, I have a lot of them in my " piggy bank ". 

19 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Where would someone sell a 10-ounce gold bar? I suspect that the average local venue can't deal with it and I would not want to mail it anywhere.

Understand not wanting to mail your gold.  With that said, all my bullion was sent to me by mail from 2 sources and never any issues.  Provident Metals outta Texas for most my stuff and also a couple ounces directly from Golden State Mint. Provident has a buy-back program that I've never used.  I would call up Provident and inquire? I also sold 2 ozt. along with 100ozt. silver/200 silver dollars and the local outfit (Grizzly Gold & Silver) had no problem scribbling out an 8K+ check....  Once again, maybe check out Provident, they've done me well over the years and usually the lowest prices if buying...... jmo

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

Understand not wanting to mail your gold.  With that said, all my bullion was sent to me by mail from 2 sources and never any issues.  Provident Metals outta Texas for most my stuff and also a couple ounces directly from Golden State Mint. Provident has a buy-back program that I've never used.  I would call up Provident and inquire? I also sold 2 ozt. along with 100ozt. silver/200 silver dollars and the local outfit (Grizzly Gold & Silver) had no problem scribbling out an 8K+ check....  Once again, maybe check out Provident, they've done me well over the years and usually the lowest prices if buying...... jmo

Thanks, I now see that Registered US Mail is commonly used for precious metals and can be insured up to $25000. I'll contact Provident and a few others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Thanks, I now see that Registered US Mail is commonly used for precious metals and can be insured up to $25000. 

That's nice to know!  Your local guy(s) might be worth a shot also? Keep us posted as to how much "discount" from spot you end up with?  My local dinged me $25/ozt. under on the gold.... can't remember on the silver.

good luck!

$25/ ounce is what I pay (am charged) in Spokane, don't remember what they charge over spot for purchase. I buy silver on a regular basis and it's normally $1.00 over spot purchase and $.35 less on sale. Those numbers are bullion not nuggets because raw gold here is about 82-85% pure so there is also that deduction.

I'm giving some serious thought to keeping the gold I find again now. It's starting to look potentially undervalued in light of inflation and unstable global occurences.

I find it odd that inflation is so high yet gold still hasn't moved much, relatively speaking though. It's like there may be a different economic global order or something. Real estate was and kinda still is the best inflation hedge for the last 10 years. But if that collapses I wonder if it goes back to gold?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jasong said:

I find it odd that inflation is so high yet gold still hasn't moved much, relatively speaking though. It's like there may be a different economic global order or something. 

Yeah, I've had that same feeling for a couple years now?  Possibly that much (if not most...??) of the gold is traded in the futures market on speculation where most the contracts bought/sold never actually take possession of the physical gold. Possibly kinda manipulating price back and forth, flipping? That's just a guess on my part. Myself...  bullion and dug gold allows me to sleep at night with no worries, unlike watching stocks like a hawk. First time in 30 yrs I've been completely outta stocks, made a lot and lost a lot, don't miss it one bit. Gold been a store of value for 6000 yrs., recognized around the world, and will never be worth zero. If it gets real bad, most likely only ammo, food, firewood and fishing poles could replace the yellow stuff....???  jmo's

A guy came by my place looking to buy a quad I had for sale. He was a realtor, gave me his card, asked if I wanted to sell my place, etc.  Asked him what he thought it was worth and I about shat my pants... about 5.5 times what I paid for it 28 yrs ago. You've got a point about real estate......

• Like 1