Gold On A New High

MSC

On 3/18/2022 at 4:39 PM, jasong said:

That's a logical thought. But it seems like it would be happening already if so since as Clay mentioned, these are futures prices.

I read that Russia converted a huge amount of paper money into gold and other investments prior to the conflict, theory being to insulate their reserves against the inevitable decline of the Ruble and their stock market. A rise in gold prices would mean a rise in their war chest funds, effectively cancelling out the effect of some of the sanctions. Makes me wonder if the powers that be are potentially controlling the price of gold for reasons of that nature. Real tinfoil hat stuff though I guess though...

I was considering holding rather than selling my found gold for the first time. But things like that make me wonder.

Ruble is nearly worthless now. Worth less than one U.S. penney. I think if the war gets worse gold will hit new highs. Russia talking tactical nukes now. Putin is most likely a dead man walking. He is talking about cleansing his country of anyone who doesn't go along with his ideas. Bullet or most likely poison waiting for him.

Much is happening in the financial markets and currencies, while the U.S.. undermines its fast depreciating dollar , China is well poised to seize a golden opportunity 👍. Also more leading nations are de dollarizing from the Petrol Dollar and trading in their own national currencies. Saud's just made a deal with China to except the yuan for oil, India with Russia, Iran Venezuela and many others are going away from the Petrol dollar. China has been hoarding tons of gold produced in China and is one of the largest buyers of gold. Could this be Chinas plan for an upcoming gold-renminibi exchange standard that could provide traders, markets and banks a compelling new currency, and international gold underwritten yuan? China thinks long in the future, and IMHO has a better idea of the global trends and has been preparing for the grand economic reset in the global financial markets as well as projecting their economic power across the world. So the answer where is gold going...UP ! 

• Like 3

Just now, GhostMiner said:

Ruble is nearly worthless now. Worth less than one U.S. penney. I think if the war gets worse gold will hit new highs. Russia talking tactical nukes now. Putin is most likely a dead man walking. He is talking about cleansing his country of anyone who doesn't go along with his ideas. Bullet or most likely poison waiting for him.

Its what the talking heads in the mainstream media said also, must be TRUE. 🤣

15 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Much is happening in the financial markets and currencies, while the U.S.. undermines its fast depreciating dollar , China is well poised to seize a golden opportunity 👍. Also more leading nations are de dollarizing from the Petrol Dollar and trading in their own national currencies. Saud's just made a deal with China to except the yuan for oil, India with Russia, Iran Venezuela and many others are going away from the Petrol dollar. China has been hoarding tons of gold produced in China and is one of the largest buyers of gold. Could this be Chinas plan for an upcoming gold-renminibi exchange standard that could provide traders, markets and banks a compelling new currency, and international gold underwritten yuan? China thinks long in the future, and IMHO has a better idea of the global trends and has been preparing for the grand economic reset in the global financial markets as well as projecting their economic power across the world. So the answer where is gold going...UP ! 

I'll take all the gold I can get any day. U.S. dollar? Doesn't buy much anymore.

• Like 1

The dollar is in danger of loosing it's dominance in world financing of oil and other financing that really helps our economy retain the number 1 economy in the world. China Yuan may end up taking the place of the US dollar, which is what they are aiming for. China and Russia have been stockpiling gold for some years to ward off the possibility of US and world placing sanctions on their countries. There are things that the US can do to ward off this from happening. 

• Like 1