Born Too Late

While I would of loved to have been around when there was gold everywhere before most of it was mined out, especially if I could have a modern metal detector, but that would of never happened and also it was a hard life back then no matter what you did for a living..unless you had a lot of money and even then life was still harder than it is today, so I'm happy I'm alive now instead of back then, my life is hard enough now-a-days so I wouldn't wish for a time it would be harder.

That all being said if I had a time machine that would take me and a metal detector back in time (and back to the present) to whenever I wanted, now that would be the golden ticket!!! :ph34r: :brows:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

That all being said if I had a time machine that would take me and a metal detector back in time (and back to the present) to whenever I wanted, now that would be the golden ticket!!! :ph34r: :brows:

Are you listening, Minelab? If anyone can invent said time machine, it's Bruce Candy and ML's R&D! Because of your detector tech innovations, there will be no detectable gold left to find in the future, so the only solution is to detect in the past. Certainly, ML must have at least applied for a patent on a flux capacitor by now…🤔 

BTW, great post on Vic's gold history, GJ. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I took a picture of that marker when I was in Victoria.  I didn't really know what it was until I stopped.  It wasn't on my places to visit.

Thanks for sharing it and reminding me of how blown away I was when I was reading all the nugget sizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someday somewhere there will be a new list of names, sizes and finders of such mammoth Au discoveries.

We keep reaching father off the beaten paths and deeper into the ground.  So many places have yet a coil over them but time will tell.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2022 at 2:36 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Someday somewhere there will be a new list of names, sizes and finders of such mammoth Au discoveries.

We keep reaching father off the beaten paths and deeper into the ground.  So many places have yet a coil over them but time will tell.

Thanks for sharing.

Even big finds in well worked areas. Amazes me that you can still find the odd sunbaker in areas that have been "well" detected. Just goes to show you that no one gets its all. Should have zigged, but you zagged and missed a sunbaker by that much....

• Like 2