Lost And Found! Gold Horseshoe Shaped Diamond Studded Earring!

Now that is one for the books. 😀 Great story! 👍 Good on ya for jumping in. I'm still looking for a ring someone lost in a small field down the road, but it was lost a couple of years ago at a drunken party and memories are hazy. 😵 Glad she remembered where it got tossed.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, F350Platinum said:

Now that is one for the books. 😀 Great story! 👍 Good on ya for jumping in. I'm still looking for a ring someone lost in a small field down the road, but it was lost a couple of years ago at a drunken party and memories are hazy. 😵 Glad she remembered where she got tossed.

Thanks! And speaking of tossed: Back in the 90's, I responded to a friends request to help a lady who had lost a large gold - diamond ring in the backyard of her residence. The grass was knee high and the lady's fiance/ soon to be husband, didn't want to cut the grass for fear of damaging/destroying the ring. Turns out that the lady had a fight with her fiance and had thrown the ring out of a window of the house! I didn't charge him anything for finding the ring and he happily gave me the sheet of plexiglass that he bought for me to flatten the grass with! Ain't Love Grand! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BMc said:

He happily gave me the sheet of plexiglass that he bought for me to flatten the grass with! 

Hmm, I've only been detecting for about a year and a half now. That is a useful idea. 👍 Really like that one. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Hmm, I've only been detecting for about a year and a half now. That is a useful idea. 👍 Really like that one. 🙂 

I've been told that you can also detect through a sheet of plywood but I haven't personally tried it. 

• Like 3

Great story and great outcome, glad there are people like you out there not taking advantage of people.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, BMc said:

...He happily gave me the sheet of plexiglass that he bought for me to flatten the grass with.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:45 PM, BMc said:

I've been told that you can also detect through a sheet of plywood....

Ever seen (e.g. on TV) someone lie on a bed of nails?  That's what this reminds me of -- spreading out the force so as to minimize the effect of a single blade.  I doubt those sheets would help get your coil much closer to the intended target.  But a sheet of plexiglass (and now, lately, even a sheet of plywood) isn't of negligible value so you wound up with something for your effort.  Good public-service jesture on your part, too.  👍

• Like 3