Mi6 Paired With Deus II Issues

DanU

I really like having the pinpointer paired with the detector.  Most of the time, it works great.  Periodically, the pairing doesn't work.  Sometimes, simply turning it off and back on does the trick yet at other times, it takes several tries.  Today, I had to un-pair it and then re-pair it to get it to work.  Several times afterwards, I had to turn it off and back on a couple of times to get it to work.  Most of the time it works great but sucks when it doesn't.  I was using Program 2 Sensitive on the Deus II.

It could be radio communication interference. I can't pair my Deus II and other new D2 unit near my desktop computer. Is not possible to connect to coil. Few meters from that point is ok. Try to switch off your phone.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, DanU said:

I really like having the pinpointer paired with the detector.  Most of the time, it works great.  Periodically, the pairing doesn't work.  Sometimes, simply turning it off and back on does the trick yet at other times, it takes several tries.  Today, I had to un-pair it and then re-pair it to get it to work.  Several times afterwards, I had to turn it off and back on a couple of times to get it to work.  Most of the time it works great but sucks when it doesn't.  I was using Program 2 Sensitive on the Deus II.

I've experienced this too.  Pairing worked for a while, but a few weeks later I had to unpair and re-pair to get them to work together again.  Hasn't happened since.  I'll be patient, as the software is still in a "pre-1.0" state.

I've noticed mine doing weird stuff only while in Park mode, sometimes it doesn't work at all.  Tried re-paring, shutting everything off....sometimes makes no noise but shows up on the screen as working then doesn't work on screen but then beeps but not accurately, tried retuning....

I haven't tried switching off the phone.  I primarily use Sensitive FT and Beach Sens modes.  Yesterday was out for 3 hours on the beach.  Twice, I had to turn on, turn off the pointer 3 times before it connected.  Rest of the time it worked as it was suppose to.  I am now in the habit off turning the pointer on and pointing the pointer to a metal object to make sure it is on.  

I discovered something today.  I was having trouble with the MI6 connecting with the Deus ll when I turned it on.  Sometimes it would take several seconds to connect with the remote.  I would turn it on and then sit there waiting and waiting for it to connect, which was frustrating.  Then I discovered that if I pointed the pinpointer at the remote when I turned it on it had no problem connecting.  After that I didn’t have any problem with it.  I never had to do that with the Deus.

• Like 1

Sometimes there is a slight delay in connecting. When ready you hear a sound pulse which indicates connection. Sometimes when that sound doesn’t come I point the pp toward metal and it will be functional. Only rarely do I have to turn it off and on again to connect.