A Week In Lake Havasu

3 hours ago, Clay Diggins said:

All of the Colorado river in Arizona below the high water mark is Arizona sovereign land (not State Trust land). Detecting or prospecting on those lands is illegal without a contract with the State.

Thank you.  Sorry looks like I gave some bad advice. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:27 AM, Swegin said:

I was wondering what the water level was.  I haven't been there in years.  

It looks fairy good from up on the main road, I'll have to swing down by there and check it out so I can let you know.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:03 PM, Bucksnboulders said:

I would sure love to see some club's start up a program allowing people the opportunity to access a claim or two for a daily fee of $30-$40 dollars. The club would make extra money and others would have the opportunity to enjoy the hobby. In Utah our club dues are only $40 a year but the fact of the matter is, I know few people that have found enough gold to pay for the due's, Prospecting for the most part is not much more than having fun and making new friends. Here in Arizona where you have real gold, it would appear to be a little more competitive and rightfully so.  

I can get your point.  My first couple years learning to detect, definitely did not pay my dues.  But I did find gold and have access to gold areas (and what the ground looks like), and yes, I met some great friends.  But for the first 3+ years, I would say I was mostly learning on my own.  And it was rough going out sometimes 6 or 7 trips with nothing.  I guess if it were easy, everyone would do it.

If anything, I would look at the club claims as a learning ground. And I have found ounces of gold even on the AZ club claims.  Not all in one place, but spread out. 

I think I started detecting like 7 years ago.  Today, the newer prospectors may have slightly better machines but it is much much harder to learn.  There's just fewer "opportunities".  But it can be had. 

Good luck to you.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Andyy said:

I can get your point.  My first couple years learning to detect, definitely did not pay my dues.  But I did find gold and have access to gold areas (and what the ground looks like), and yes, I met some great friends.  But for the first 3+ years, I would say I was mostly learning on my own.  And it was rough going out sometimes 6 or 7 trips with nothing.  I guess if it were easy, everyone would do it.

If anything, I would look at the club claims as a learning ground. And I have found ounces of gold even on the AZ club claims.  Not all in one place, but spread out. 

I think I started detecting like 7 years ago.  Today, the newer prospectors may have slightly better machines but it is much much harder to learn.  There's just fewer "opportunities".  But it can be had. 

Good luck to you.  

I took a ride down a long dirt road to look at one of Lake Havasu gold clubs claims.  just to see if it was something I would be interested in joining on my next trip down and see if their was anyone to talk to for a moment. I had never seen anything like it, It looked like a small town made up of camper's, trailers and RV's. Looked like a great place to make friends and relax but I cant help but wonder, after years of that many people, could it still be productive? I don't consider myself a loner, but do like a little space. Does anyone have any experiance with any smaller club's north toward Oatman or Kingman.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bucksnboulders said:

I took a ride down a long dirt road to look at one of Lake Havasu gold clubs claims.  just to see if it was something I would be interested in joining on my next trip down and see if their was anyone to talk to for a moment. I had never seen anything like it, It looked like a small town made up of camper's, trailers and RV's. Looked like a great place to make friends and relax but I cant help but wonder, after years of that many people, could it still be productive? I don't consider myself a loner, but do like a little space. Does anyone have any experiance with any smaller club's north toward Oatman or Kingman.

It amazes me what can be found just outside the popular spots and some times in the middle of the hot spots. I once found a 4 oz on one side of a sealed road and 11 gm on the other side, both were in the gutter, either side of the road. The road cut right through the centre of a surfaced patch. This spot was on the edge of a well known gold town close to the speed reduction sign going into the town. So who knows were it has been done totally with out giving it a quick go first. The 4 oz bit sounded like a "Coke Can" buried there. Good luck with your shot at Lake Havasu gold clubs claims

• Like 6

The Havasu Goldseeker people helped me out with a Suburban with a dead fuel pump. Nice group of people.  There’s gold there for sure. They were going to try a new location for their monthly dig then covid hit and I never heard if they did. Anyone know?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bklein said:

The Havasu Goldseeker people helped me out with a Suburban with a dead fuel pump. Nice group of people.  There’s gold there for sure. They were going to try a new location for their monthly dig then covid hit and I never heard if they did. Anyone know?

https://www.havasugoldseekers.com/ 

If you haven't already, take a look at their website and see for yourself if you like. Explore the categories; activities, gold found and club record, a 41 oz speci with about twenty oz of gold. They have quite a few good claims and the surrounding area produces good gold also. Much of the larger gold is being found near the claims but not actually on the claims, at least as of the last couple of years, (based on intel from club mgt) I am currently a member. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, BMc said:

https://www.havasugoldseekers.com/ 

If you haven't already, take a look at their website and see for yourself if you like. Explore the categories; activities, gold found and club record, a 41 oz speci with about twenty oz of gold. They have quite a few good claims and the surrounding area produces good gold also. Much of the larger gold is being found near the claims but not actually on the claims, at least as of the last couple of years, (based on intel from club mgt) I am currently a member. 

I would have joined the club this trip but it was a family vacation and my time was limited to just a couple days of prospecting and detecting, making the $140.00 just too much for the time I had. When I rode out to see the one claim, I got there late and only had a couple hours to detect an area near them that I had been told by one of their members I met in town, wasn't claimed ground. It was my last day in Havasu and I had to head back home the next morning. I found a lot of 30 cal. FMJ bullet's and nothing else, but at least I was able to get out for a couple hour's and have a little fun. In about two weeks ill head for central Nevada where I know my way around a little better and have access to some claims. Good Luck

• Like 1

The parks people were very clear, No Keeping of Anything of Value, New or Old !!! But as always one should check out the rules themselves.

• Like 1