XP 13”x11” X35 Coil Difference For Orx In Tones And Vdi

rmcelrath

I just started using the 11x13 x35 coil on the ORX. There seems to be a major tone/ VDI reading difference than the 9” x35 coil in the same settings, using stock setting coin deep with no adjustments. Deep iron reads clear high tones with steady low 90’s on the VDI. Ground is uncluttered with low mineralization, ground balance at stock 88. Amy adjustments based on your experience appreciated.

Larger coil is going to be deeper but also more sensitive to big iron driving it into the wraparound range (or more).  What happens when you lower sensitivity and vary freq, reactivity?  For big iron, in this case, do you simultaneously get an iron tone (turn iron volume on) and iron probability indication on these targets vs. a pure non-ferrous high conductor which should give a clean, iron free tone.

Disc is set to low. I use this coil in Civil War sites in mild soil and like to dig some, but not all iron, and I won't set any lower than 7. This setting avoids small iron, and on larger iron which I like to dig, often there is a nice dig'able tone in the center of the target signal, though on the outer edges of the signal you'll get the iron grunt. I always know an iron target when digging one.