A True Discriminating Pinpointer

Possible to make a motion based pointer and even have multi tone to it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

On 3/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Chase Goldman said:

When digging out trash pits and huts, I've used the Deus small elliptical coil (detached from the detector stem) and the remote as sort of a pinpointer on steroids to cherry pick the non-ferrous.  Someone even makes a grip handle that you can attach to a Deus coil and use it to scan the dirt piles or side walls of the pit (see below mounted on Deus 9" coil).

received_107689507865984.thumb.jpeg.abb766304445090c8dfae652b148c65e.jpeg

Where can I find this? I did a search with no luck.

4 hours ago, Seandub said:

Where can I find this? I did a search with no luck.

It looks like it was 3D printed. Should be an easy make for those who have access to a 3D printer. Some libraries even have them for public use.

• 4 months later...

I read the topic, it was very informative, thanks for the information. beers.gif
I am looking for a pointer for diving and snorkeling that has metal discrimination capabilities. It can be a big help in low visibility conditions in fresh water, where there are usually a lot of iron pieces. Another important point is to be sensitive to small gold objects. I use the Nokta Pulsedive, a very good, robust device, but unfortunately quite weak for small objects, at least for gold. The Nokra Makro pointer is much more sensitive, but weak in salt water. I don't know if you used the two pointers mentioned in the topic in salt water, what is your experience?

2 hours ago, Timmysys said:

I read the topic, it was very informative, thanks for the information. beers.gif
I am looking for a pointer for diving and snorkeling that has metal discrimination capabilities. It can be a big help in low visibility conditions in fresh water, where there are usually a lot of iron pieces. Another important point is to be sensitive to small gold objects. I use the Nokta Pulsedive, a very good, robust device, but unfortunately quite weak for small objects, at least for gold. The Nokra Makro pointer is much more sensitive, but weak in salt water. I don't know if you used the two pointers mentioned in the topic in salt water, what is your experience?

This is currently the best option that discriminates ferrous/non-ferrous available but it can only dive to 10ft/3M.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/xpointermax-pinpointer-discriminate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

This is currently the best option that discriminates ferrous/non-ferrous available but it can only dive to 10ft/3M.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/xpointermax-pinpointer-discriminate

Thanks! 3 m deep enough for my purposes becaus I use Nemo for hunting.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2023 at 12:47 AM, Timmysys said:

• Like 2