Legend - First Impressions

I watched Calabash’s video posted above very carefully. I cannot fault anything that he showed in the video. His comments are his opinions but the setup he used as far as settings for the Legend was correct and as said earlier, his is not the only video that shows a Legend behaving this way on USA East Coast beaches. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with the Legend being a bad detector. 

I do think that there is a software issue that Nokta Makro has already said will be addressed very soon via a downloadable software update. 

49 minutes ago, Calarms said:

I hope it's a better unit than that,. The legend !

couldn't see anything that equinox hit, not to mention the DEUS 2 because that's a whole different class,, but I'm really reluctant to spend any money on the legend now , 

24 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I watched Calabash’s video posted above very carefully. I cannot fault anything that he showed in the video. His comments are his opinions but the setup he used as far as settings for the Legend was correct and as said earlier, his is not the only video that shows a Legend behaving this way on USA East Coast beaches. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with the Legend being a bad detector. 

I do think that there is a software issue that Nokta Makro has already said will be addressed very soon via a downloadable software update. 

I am trying to figure out a way to respond to you with out starting a long debate in his video but I seen two things

1st one he stated he set the recovery speed at 5 on the Legend which from my understanding is factory default, but yet he set the Nox at 3 or 4 in my opinion he should have set everything up equal nox set at 3 and 4 Legend set at 3 or 4 on recovery speed, he then set the Legend in the stability setting to 5 which it clearly states in the manual that a stability setting of 5 the legend is not going to see as deep, so with those to settings alone the Legend was set up to not see as deep as the Nox already, there are several videos out that clearly shows the Legend runs smooth on beaches, personally I do not know what other people are tweaking in the Legend to run quiet but there are a lot of people out there that is saying the legend runs as unstable or as stable as you want it to run, I personally can not say because I have yet to have one in my hands which that will change today because mine is supposed to be delivered today, as for the Deus 2 I personally could care less how the legend compares to a $1600 detector   

I hope you're happy with the legend, but for me it's 90% Beach use in on the west coast in socal, and 10 to 15% prospecting in Mariposa, I have PI's  , ORX and whites, I'm not interested at this time in the legend it looks like it will not be a good beach detector for what I want, as far as prospecting that's up in the air, haven't seen any videos in that regard but I'm waiting, good luck with your legend,

• Like 1

The Legend in Calabash’s video was falsing and reacting to the salt level on that beach. The constant 9/10 target ids clearly showed that. 

The only setup step that Calabash did not show in that video was ground balancing. Maybe he screwed that up….. I doubt it. 

With the Legend behaving that unstable it had no chance to show what it can do. Calabash did all he could to stabilize it but those steps also cut depth and length of signal response. 

So, in my opinion that video showed why the Legend sorely needs software work on salt ground balancing abilities. 

I am going to hold final judgment until after N/M has had a chance to make some changes. 

Very short 45 min hunt in the mud between thunderstorms. Even though the iron mineralized ground here in west central Georgia is fairly hot, the Legend ran very quiet and stable again in Park M1 with sensitivity at 24 and recovery speed at 5. It had no problem hitting and correctly identifying all of these targets. One of the nickels and several of the dimes and quarters along with the pulltab were 6+” deep. The ring is just bling but it sounded great. 

After 2 hunts totaling less than 2 hours, the Legend’s SMF tech has proven to have very accurate target IDs and pleasant, easy to distinguish tones to the point where I already can predict what I am digging as far as USA modern clad

D4020FDF-ECA4-4F0B-B169-F55A9DDC5E37.jpeg

• Like 9

Jeff,   Are you still running the stock programs or have you customized to any extent?

Not unhappy with my purchase. Taking it to the "Red Dirt" with the small coil mounted. Colonial permissions loaded with iron. Fun!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

Not unhappy with my purchase. Taking it to the "Red Dirt" with the small coil mounted. Colonial permissions loaded with iron. Fun!

George, can't wait to hear how it does.  Taking mine to Culpeper next week to see how it does against Equinox and D2 all with 11" coils.  I opted out of the 6" round, not my cup of tea.  Waiting for NM to release the planned 10x5 coil which is IMO a great form factor for hot dirt relic hunting (small footprint to counter ground noise effects but with decent coverage).  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 4