Look At This Ground In W.a.

That is a beautiful Specimen in some natural environment. Your size 3.5/1.5 Oz is that Quartz/Gold. Lets hope others put some sunbakers shots up. I noted all the other Quartz are not water worn so yours has travelled recently to not be buried more.

This was a specimen I found while looking for meteorites at Franconia, Arizona.  It is rounded.  The area I found it is a wash but the temperatures can get very high there so I think some of the other rocks have fractured from the heat.

This was the nugget that prompted me to go back over a year later and discover by biggest nugget/specimen to date (20.5/8 ozt) that was much the opposite of a sunbaker.  It was down over knee deep (18" plus).

post-3-0-16766800-1349483228.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

This was the nugget that prompted me to go back over a year later and discover by biggest nugget/specimen to date (20.5/8 ozt) that was much the opposite of a sunbaker.  It was down over knee deep (18" plus).

That's a great outcome. There must be MORE in the vicinity. My largest Specimen was about 112/16+ ounces was found in an area that I specked the first nugget, but that was in Australia so they are more common here. I got over 1 kilo two years in a row from that locality. Lets hope you have the same outcome, and there are more photos coming from other members of that quality.

Photos007ps.thumb.jpg.903059128a163ba64f7b25bbc9f1d0b7.jpg

Some specimens have a high gold content. Above the display containers, is some of my VLF days. 26 odd troy oz of gold (These were only 20 meters from the source ) plus my first ounce plus (4 oz) gold nugget and gold ring next to it. All of those finds were found with a VLF detector, including the coins found by the wife.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

23 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

AWWWWW it didn't work !🙄

Thx for the pics anyway ...👍

It all depends how you look at thinks RV.  Have a look at this drawing then turn it so the "After 6 beers"  is on top. Hint the Neck becomes a Crown 

Capture.JPG.68f220cd49b3978f4828bd27c1edbea6.JPG

The nugget on top of the Container is the " sunbaker after it had a cold bath.

Jar175gmAuNugget.thumb.jpg.a8d442cfcc34cf365e9b5d7506a20c08.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

THAT was just laying on the surface ?😮

Mannnnnnnn , You in the land "down under"🙃 get to just pick up the stuff we have to dig for !!!!      I understand now.....it all makes sense  . 

OK , that's it !      I'm gonna start saving my clad coins for my trip ! 

BTW....Does anyone happen to know what a one way ticket costs ?????

I already live like I'm in the bush , might as well try out your biting flies ,,the ones here are just so "boring" .

Nice lookin' speci !  AND I see there are relatives in the box too . 

If you tell me that was all one day's hunting ,,, I'm just gonna sit on a rock and cry.... 

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

RVpopeye

You in the land "down under........

1       BTW....Does anyone happen to know what a one way ticket costs ?????

2      If you tell me that was all one day's hunting ,,, I'm just gonna sit on a rock and cry.... 

1.  The only one way ticket for Gold Prospector is the return one and it only cost the sum total of gold found.  😉

2.   All of the specimens on top the container were found the same day.  🤤

• Haha 1